Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1992 dodge shadow es turbo
1,042 Posts
Interesting project, these cars are long gone around my area. Love to see people keeping them alive. Not sure how much gas your going to save though, I swear my 92 turbo shadow gets better mileage than my old 94 2.2 tbi ever did.

· Registered
1992 dodge shadow es turbo
1,042 Posts
My 89 Aries gets over 25 city 31 MPG same drivetrain but it's loaded with tools so I can't use it as a daily driver. My current daily is a 88 Town and Country Turbo gets 23-24 city and 27 mpg highway and Needs premium. Your Turbo 92 Shadow has a SBEC setup so a more efficient Sequential injection vs the pre-90 batch fired injector system and if your shadow is a 5 speed that's a big plus but if not even the 92 Turbo automatics have a lockup converter to save highway Mpg like the older TBI cars....
Very true my turbo is a 5 speed, and my old 2.2 tbi was the 3spd auto so not quite a fair comparison. I dd a Sierra 6.6 duramax loaded with tools, luckily I don’t have to pay for fuel as it’s a work truck, previous to that I had a fuel sipping 99 Corolla and then a 03 Corolla to which we upgrade to a Lexus rx300 which is currently showing average mpg of 19 not great, lol but the wife’s happy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts