Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
changed oil{ new** 10-30w pennzoil, {new** oil filter ac delco, fixed leaking oil pressure sender unit, Z car still running normal , but oil pressure dips 0-10psi at idle & levels around 10-20psi during 25-75mph. no oil pressure warning signals , but check engine light did come on {one** time before replacing {old ** oil & filter! :

· Administrator
26,469 Posts
Was the oil pressure reading low before you replaced the sending unit? The sending unit if aftermarket may not be calibrated correctly.
The only way you will know is to connect a mechanical gauge and read actual oil pressure.
Chrysler systems are set so the oil warning light or check gauges light will not come on until you drop to 4 psi.

· Registered
4,660 Posts
tighten the connector at the sending unit- I pinched it with plyers problem solved for me. Good luck, but confirm with a mechanical like NAJ says.

· Registered
2,433 Posts
Those oil pressure sending units crap out all the time. Hook up a mechanical guage to make sure.

· Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I tried a better oil filer Puralator (One) & this HELP improved the low press.issue greatly. Now when I first start the car the oil.press.or even after re-starting the o.press. will begin to rise for the highest mark then runs roughly til it slowly comes back around normal readings. I know low oli press. levels are bad enough,but not to sure about higher levels oil pressure readings ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.