Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TII engine cranks fine and has a good battery, it just takes anywhere from 15-20 cranks to start the engine... it starts without any stuttering after those cranks.

How many cranks should it normally take for this engine to start? And what things could I check to fix this?

The only thing I can think of is the plugs I have in it are Autolite Platinum somethings with the gap set to what it says under the hood.

Car runs fine and boosts fine otherwise.

Sometimes the fuel pump growls at me if I don't use Motormaster gas cleaner with every fill up.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does it when it's cold or warm. I have never changed the fuel filter personally, have owned this car for a bout a month now, bought it from my friend. I'll have a look at that and change it if needed as well as check the timing.

· Registered
1,526 Posts
Similar thing happened to a car that I got pretty cheap. It was the rubber portions of the fuel lines in the engine compartment and from the tank to the fuel filter. They had been replaced, but someone had used regular hose, not reinforced fuel line. They were cracked and not holding pressure. Also make sure the correct type of clamps were used.

· Registered
627 Posts
Replace your fuel regulator. It's leaking down.

Flick your key to RUN for a 2 second then to lock then back to run and try to start. THis should fire up in a second. That will confirm that your fuel pressure is bleeding away too quickly.

Cheers, Wizard

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.