Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 dodge daytona pacifica 2.2 turbo. Shuts off when driving i have to throw it in N and turn it over some times it takes a couple time before it start idk what the hell is going on driving me nuts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its auto trans only codes i had was nothing major but its been a month since i checked those. I will deff check tomrw could distripitore spelled wrong i know but could that be an issue

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Yeah the hall effect pickup(hep) in the distributor will cause problems like this.

Be sure to follow that link I gave you. That'll hopefully narrow down your issue.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
If it does turn out to be a HEP, just replace it. They go bad from damage to the wires coming out of the distributor.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I keep a junk yard spare HEP in both of my turbos. Been there and done that...driving down the road and the engine just quits.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
You oughta PM NAJ for HEP diagnostics, if you follow the no start diagnostics and cant find the problem.

Dont jump the gun and replace parts if you can verify them bad.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
The easy way is to start the car and wiggle the HEP wires coming from the dist. while the car is running. The problem is usually in the wires. Wiggle them in as many places as you can, and especially where they come out of the distributor. If you notice any stall/stumble whatever, thats how it works.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Alright, never know it might not be a HEP. I believe NAJ's hep testing method is also by wiggling the wires. Do that like I said and watch out for the fan kicking in lol.

You know what the hep wires look like right?

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
i no its getting fuel and spark
Spark and fuel while cranking for 20min? If its a hep, it will be a no spark condition. If you checked for spark say a month ago when you last pulled codes, you cant go by that. HEPs can fail at anytime and intermittently.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
shook HEP and car shut of would not restart shook some more it started and then shook again and would not shut off but im guessing that its the prob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts