Registered
2,334 Posts
from the 1989 part book:

4667273 COVER, Timing Belt Lower (Exc 16 Valve) 1989-95 this is what you need

4343807 1984-88

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Being this is a 89 TC, you need to determine whether you have an early block or common block first. Could be either.
Early block on left, common block on right. External differences? Rear of block, oil pan rail, front of block fuel pump cutout, and lack of it on common block.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
To elaborate on Todd's post some 1989 Maserati's used a 1988 Engine.

By the # you provided yours appears to be a 1988 Engine.

Additionally, 1988 blocks had a fuel pump block off plate near the alternator.

1988 and older 2.2's used a square tooth timing belt where 1989 and up were round tooth.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
True some of the early TC drive train parts were mix and match.....I think they would have used lawnmower engines if they would have fit.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. The 4667273 number that Marty provided is the correct one. I pieced together the mangled pieces of mine to check. I didn't originally think that number would've been correct because at least with other manufactures the casting/molding number does not match the part number.

so does anyone have a 4667273? I can't find one anywhere and would really love to put the engine back together.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John-I tried buying one from there and got refunded because it’s not really in stock
4l - I need the later one for an 89, the one with two big holes

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Says it’s sold out. I found a few places that list that part, all are either listed as sold out or refund me when I try to buy ones in stock. I’ve gotta find someone on here with one laying around. They’re not even on eBay

·
Registered
481 Posts
Says it’s sold out. I found a few places that list that part, all are either listed as sold out or refund me when I try to buy ones in stock. I’ve gotta find someone on here with one laying around. They’re not even on eBay
Yes, 4667273 is sold out but maybe one of the other 3 part numbers will work. I did a quick search but no luck.

Hopefully someone here has one...

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hey try car-part.com. Anything 2.2 or 2.5 from 89-94 will work. Any Mopar model with 8v engines. There were a couple small variations (maybe a couple different part #'s), but any of them will work for you. Car-part.com is a national listing of salvage yards selling used parts, not dealerships warehouse inventory of NOS parts they may or may not have.
I'll try to see what I have in my shed.
BTW- most of the used ones will have some wear marks where PS belt started eating into lower cover. They will still work fine.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Hey try car-part.com. Anything 2.2 or 2.5 from 89-94 will work. Any Mopar model with 8v engines. There were a couple small variations (maybe a couple different part #'s), but any of them will work for you. Car-part.com is a national listing of salvage yards selling used parts, not dealerships warehouse inventory of NOS parts they may or may not have.
I'll try to see what I have in my shed.
BTW- most of the used ones will have some wear marks where PS belt started eating into lower cover. They will still work fine.
Hey I just went on that website. Look up 1990 dodge shadow- timing cover-lower. Have about 150 or more to choose from. Prices range from $10-75 to call. You should find what you need here. You might even do a check by zip code. Maybe find one close enough to you to drive and pick up.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey I just went on that website. Look up 1990 dodge shadow- timing cover-lower. Have about 150 or more to choose from. Prices range from $10-75 to call. You should find what you need here. You might even do a check by zip code. Maybe find one close enough to you to drive and pick up.
Good job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts