Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background, motor came out of a Lebaron Vert that did 13.6 @103 w/26psi
Head is a Relentless performance swirl, I forget the flow #'s but it was alot
Intake/exhaust port matched
Super 60 .63ar (it's probably seized up from not having enough oil in it, so consider it only a core)
89CB has 70k on it tops all mods were done at 62k or so
TBI cam
has all accesories still on it (water pump, alternator, misc sensors)

I am sure there is more I am missing but this is all I remember right now.
too many cars, too many motors sitting in my garage.

I pulled this motor and it's sitting in my garage waiting for that project car that will never get done by me. The motor is sealed up, cap on intake plugs on motor, injectors mounted and oil changed right before being pulled.

Asking $750 OBO

If I was going to run this motor here is a list of what I would do to it.

Pull plugs and put marvel mystery oil in cylinders (1oz or so every couple days over a week or so), change oil. treat it like a new motor build oil pressure and crank it over without plugs in. Then put plugs in and start it up and once no leaks go beat it!

Not looking to ship this preferably.

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yep bottom end wasn't touched. Was a factory T2 motor so it's a 2.2l people.

shipping uh... Im going to need to figure out how much it will weigh and probably build a crate, not too bad I have a few skids in my backyard and a engine hoist in garage.

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The head is a Stage 2, that was offered back in the day by Relentless racing... it has oversized valves and upgraded hardware with that. It has a 88tbi cam, at the time other "performance" cams were on backorder and that was what was put on.

Grab a turbo, bolt it on and go spank some import butts!

I am NOT interested in parting out a motor and or just the head when the intake and exhaust are port matched to this head. If my spirit didn't have a such a kick ass motor in it I would put this one it's place.

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry, but I just have to say it, how is it a "built motor" when it has a stock bottom end?
Meant more along the lines. "This motor only has 70k on it but has 12k on the goodies" and we all know a stock T2 bottom end is just fine for making a decent amount of power.

A completely ready to drop in and drive motor without even needing to put on accessories(because it has them all already on), grab your favorite turbo and GO!

Does that satisfy you umbass?

· Registered
146 Posts
the mystery oil thing... is the motor froze up??

70k is kinda high to me. but.. ugh.. i need an engine.

ever compression test it?? i live just outside boston pa. aint that far i flew down there last week on biz.

im interested in it, if u still have it. u mentioned you had other engines hanging around. anything good??

would like more info. pm me or email me at [email protected] i know these engines very well. thats why im so picky. so please dont take my q's as any type of insult. you just have an educated interested party. :O)

im gonna have to suck up a jasper engine here real soon if i cant find sumpin else. u can pm me here also.

· Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, buy the whole kabootle. My asking price is less then it would cost to get a head done with comparable results. I just want this motor gone, I want it to live in another car or whatever but not in my garage.

Due too market prices my asking price is now $850

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.