Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If they are available since I know many people have gone koni or coilovers..
I'm not sure what the after market equivalent is

·
Registered
296 Posts
When those struts were discontinued and needed to be warrantied they replaced them with Monroe sensa trac models which you can still find NOS occationally on e-bay but most people that wanted cheap and similar used KYB. I have some NOS Formula Monroe GP's I bought a few years ago in the box that I may consider selling not sure if I'm going to need them in the near future and not sure how many more years they can sit on the shelf safely. But I think I'm in them like $500 so not a cheap option either. But if your interested I'll check and see what I have left.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have a brand new new of Formula Monroe GP Shocks Part # 24032 and Brand new pair of Struts part # 29078 They are new old stock probably based on whom I bought them from came out of Shelby's original inventory. $400.00 plus around $30 UPS is you are in the US. You can see the shocks have some corrosion around the bushings and the bushings have some cracking from age. There is no sign of any oil leakage from either the shocks or struts.
20200730_192828[1].jpg
20200730_192834[1].jpg
20200730_193153[1].jpg
20200730_193206[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
OP, if you buy these^^^ the polyurethane bushings need to be replaced with set of 4) Energy Suspension bushings (also poly) part # for red is 9.8147R. RA has these cheap, probably Ebay too. Those factory poly bushings sucked from day one, nevermind 30 years later (lol).
I would make sure the shocks/struts fully extend (checking condition of nitrogen gas) before purchasing old NOS stuff. If the gas has leaked out, the oil isn't far behind.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You
Kind of why I was leaning towards a used setup
You are better off buying KYB or whatever is still available NEW then a USED set I can guarantee that if these are out of your price range I understand completely. I tested the shocks FYI and they fully extend, I didn't want to release the struts because I don't know how to get them back in the locked position they come in from the factory. These Formula Monroe units really should be purchased by someone that cares about originality and having a judge able show car not someone that is just using a shelby for a driver.

I just spent $1000. getting Konis rebuild for my GLHS so originality doesn't come cheap anymore.

Rock Auto has a lot of cheap options for the driver.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand that and you are correct, I just want the proper stance and performance..or as close as I can get..
If anyone know the proper kyb numbers I would love that

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also have a csx and would like to know where to find a good replacement shocks/struts of equal or better performance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts