Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a set of good factory struts for my 89 csx laying around that they want to get rid of? I'm your huckleberry..

·
Registered
192 Posts
I just replaced my front struts with new struts including springs from AutoZone. They were way cheaper than attempting to buy the OEM parts and they seem OK. My 89 CSX has 82 K Miles and is a daily driver, so I don't run it hard.I hit an elevation change in a construction zone that caused my horn button to pop out and clearly broke the left front shock seal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The struts you changed were csx struts?
Yes the Original struts. They can be rebuilt but that costs about $300 per strut for parts and labor. There are places in California, but no factory authorized re-builders in Portland, Oregon or Phoenix, AZ. I have cars in those two places. I actually bought one of the last sets of NOS from Cindy years ago for like $500 plus shipping, but they are in Portland.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry, but I don't have any motivation to sell parts. I live in Alaska so shipping would be a lot $$$. I prefer to keep the CSX Parts as I have 5 of the 89 CSX, plus a parts car and one more I would like to restore (although I admit that may not happen). Despite my specific instruction the shop tossed out the boxes, so now I need to make boxes to ship these struts. The springs are as important as the struts, so I prefer to keep them as a set.. Sorry

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How the hell you get five 89 csx in Alaska? 😁 I lived in Adak for five years...loved AK. You right about shipping

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have CSX 115 in Portland Oregon, with 2500 miles, CSX 345 in Oregon with 100K and all kinds of upgraded parts, but not tuned properly. I have CSX 136 (2 options) in Arizona, never titled 600 miles still has OEM Tires.
In Alaska: My daily driver is CSX 44 with 82 K. CSX 56 (two options) that needs rebuilding from Garage Fire; CSX 376 blown head gasket; CSX 353 parts car, also burned in garage fire.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You working up there?
Yes, I live and work in Alaska, have a second home in Arizona and a lot and garage in Portland, OR. Electrical Engineer and Electrical Administrator, but only working part time now; at 68 y/o I spend more time working on personal building projects (designing a new place in Anchorage with a larger garage than living space. Shipped my 89 Shelby Dodge Dakota PU to the Big Island of Hawaii; have a lot there and hope to bulding a garage and apartment for vacations) and grandpa duty than my day job. I have an 1987 CSX Convertible (Custom conversion with the original Shelby title) hot rod in Arizona.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awsome I wanted to move to Alaska but my wife has rheumatoid arthritis and the cold weather is a no go

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I'm in florida..I had a puppy that decided to chew on it..is it in Portland or Alaska

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have no idea how to package, short of custom building a box that would take me several hours to build of cost well over $100 to have made.
My zip code is 99503, if you want to investigate, but I don't have the time, since I really don't think a sale is likely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts