Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my problem. I have a 89 csx vnt, and it wont start. been running fine for 2 years then one day I put the stock throttle body back on and now it wont start. At first it through code 25, so I replaced the AIS motor. Still wouldnt start, then code 24, so I repalce the tps sensor, two times and still wont start. The car now has new plugs (gapped at 35), wires, cap and rotor, and I have change the coil twice. Still wont start, until today when I pulled 1 spark plug and left it on the wire hanging out away from the head, the car started right up. I put it back in and it wouldnt start. I did this to two more plugs and wires and the car started but one I put then back in the head the car wouldnt start. It wants to start but dies right away. I know that I have flooded the engine at least one trying to start it but I dont understand why it starts when I pull a plug from the head but wont start once I put the plug back in the head. I have even put the ported throttle body back on still no change. Any advice will be greatly appreciated thanks.

meeko

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
Did you check your grounds??? Check if you have an arcing wire? Maybe check the HEp wires. Have two people and see if you can jiggle some wires whiles it cranking and see if it will start.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Your timing belt may have jumped a tooth or two, coincidentally, after attempting to start it after the TB install. Although it may seem unrelated, it is important to verify your timing......which may explain why your car tries to run on three cylinders.

·
Administrator
25,737 Posts
Do not know if this is your problem but back in the 80's GM cars would be towed in with a no start and we would remove 1 plug and it would start, problem was a clogged catalytic converter and removing 1 plug relieved the backpressure so it would start.
To verify if this is your problem remove the O2 sensor and see if it will start with all 4 plugs installed, this will also relieve backpressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts