Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are axles available from rockauto for the 89 csx? if not where can I find replacement

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If your axle boots are just torn, you would be better off re-booting your original axles. They're not hard to do, but a little messy. They're much stronger than any Chinese new axles you'll find. Chances are around 99% you'll get non turbo axles if you purchase re-manufactured axles too. BTW If you must, you can just order two left side axles for a 89 manual transmission Shadow, Daytona, etc. from RA, Ebay, or any auto parts house. Pretty much anything besides L-body, and Minivan. The Dynasty might be different too. Inboard spline changed in 87 and up to larger spline. Outboard spline is the same for virtually all years.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your axle boots are just torn, you would be better off re-booting your original axles. They're not hard to do, but a little messy. They're much stronger than any Chinese new axles you'll find. Chances are around 99% you'll get non turbo axles if you purchase re-manufactured axles too. BTW If you must, you can just order two left side axles for a 89 manual transmission Shadow, Daytona, etc. from RA, Ebay, or any auto parts house. Pretty much anything besides L-body, and Minivan. The Dynasty might be different too. Inboard spline changed in 87 and up to larger spline. Outboard spline is the same for virtually all years.
Thanks I went with Detroit axle...kept my factory stuff though. Off topic..the 89 csx shift knob is there a nut of some kind that stops it from being screwed down to stop the reverse lockout ? If so do you have one ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts