Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my stage 3 forward motion upgraded Daytona Shelby 1 of 254 made in silver for 89..This is a very rare car..

Got married and we're in a condo (can't work on the cars anymore) so I need to sell off my pride and joy 89 Dodge Daytona Shelby. This car is in Radiant silver two tone silver and gray/ grey leather interior/digital dash/alpine system with cd changer/ new paint/new engine,new trans/new turbo,new suspension,completely upgraded in every area except nitrous...The car was balanced and redone about 3 years ago, has 6,500 on a fresh rebuild engine from Forward motion and fwd performance.

Too many upgrades to mention. This is the car from the strut bar sales from Ebay and the shelbydodgestrutbars dot com websites. It was also used in the shelbyzone web site. I have over $13K invested in this car and was planning to keep it until now.

The only problems that the car has is the rear view mirror switch is bad (can't find another one) The A/C control panel is sticking and needs a new control panel for the ac (ac works when it kicks on) The over head map light right switch is sticking (needs a new overhead light assy ( can't find another part) Needs a new headlight switch assy because it seems loose (also can't locate another switch).. I do not have the time to track down these parts....Make offers....needs front tires.

Fresh mobile 1 synthetic oil in tranny and engine, braided stainless steel brake lines,cross drilled rotors,Kini fully adjustable shocks,eibach springs, custom wheels Koinig with falken performance tires, Port and polished intake/exhaust manifolds, Race head from forward motion with the larger valves. Blow off valve, custom cold air induction kit..Front strut tower brace...

She runs smooth and is very very fast. Mopar performance computer , pod gauges and manual boost controller set at 15 psi conservatively.. Air/fuel gauge and boost gauge, digital dash, trip computer, Turbonetics stage 3 turbo..

Stage 3 forward motion upgrade level car...

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Re: Selling My web page Car.1989 Daytona Shelby Restored/upgraded Gorgeous T-Top Load

How about some pics and a price?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Selling My web page Car.1989 Daytona Shelby Restored/upgraded Gorgeous T-Top Load

Ok, go to http://www.cardomain.com/ride/482609
and read the pages... I have since removed and placed and Indy Intercooler back on the car. I have the original wheels in storage that I will include...

Maybe you know my car from http://stores.ebay.com/MikeCombs66-Online-Store_W0QQsspagenameZL2222QQtZkm
Michael Combs
305-975-6728
Miami, Florida 33130[/COLOR]

$7,500 or best offer. I have $15K to $16K in this car just parts and labor. Sure you can buy a cheaper car but I have owned 4 of these cars since they were brand new, I have done everything to this car that I always wanted and money was never an issue..

I don't drive the car except once or twice a month to get something from the store and possibly over to South Beach to cruise around with the tops off. Its a Florida car with no rust.

I want this car to go to someone that will continue what I have started on it. 1 out of 254 in this color and only 100 were t-tops.

This is a fully loaded model Shelby Daytona right down to the valve cover. Only 6,500 miles on the rebuilt motor and transmossion (A555 Getrag).
Everything is new and upgraded. way too much to list unless your serious..

The Best offer gets it.
Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts

Best offer gets it.......what if you don't like the best offer you receive?

I'll start the bidding at $3K

·
Premium Member
768 Posts

Wow, that is a beautiful car. I also hope it goes to a good home...

·
Registered
647 Posts

Yeah Mike, that is a great looking car. You won't find anything that nice up here in the north. BTW thanks for commenting on my page.

·
Registered
107 Posts

gorgeous car. If it werent so far away id love to have it. Good luck with the sale

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This took some time to explain in detail. This is everything you will want to know.

I have only used the original factory books from the dealer, I even have the original OBD-1 Dodge tester from the dealer. This is the 4th Daytona Shelby I have owned, so I know the car inside and out. I have even started a business around this car. That is why i had the money to put into it. This has been my web page car on Ebay and my sites. My car show car to meet other Shelby dodge drivers and sell them my strut braces.

The suspension is all new. (The rear floor brace has been removed.) The springs are eibach,the shocks are Koni adjustable (new), cross drilled rotors the from has all new bushings, the rear were in good condition, Steel braided brake lines Koenig 17 inch wheels sitting on like new rears falken 215 45ZR 17s. The fronts should be replaced. Front strut bar (that I make and sell on my website and eBay store)

The drive train the motor was rebuilt at 100K miles as a precautionary only. The block was sent to the machine shop to straighten the cylinders (from factory mistakes) WAS DECKED AND CLEANED with all new freeze plugs,turned the forged original crank and added new bearings, ARP hardware used in the entire rebuild for strength. Original forged rods were ok to reuse with new arp hardware. New forged pistons from Mike at forward motion with mopar performance piston rings set, high flow mopar performance oil pump (higher flow capacity) Custom crank shaft oil scraper. A custom Oil cooler system from JEGS and mopar performance( since I live in Florida heat) Port and polished Enforcer stage 3 head from Mike at Forward motion with bigger valves, slider cam (mopar performance) custom valve angle job and seat work, bigger exhaust ports and intakes, professionally built head by them for stage 3, Port and polished intake and exhaust manifolds, 52mm throttle body from 3.0 Motor, ARP head studs and a special mopar performance head gasket made with metal around the head gasket material for high boost.

( I did not choose to o-ring the head or block as I never intended to run high boost levels as this was a cruising car not a race car but it could be).

all new sensors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator from grand national, all new fuel pump 255lph and new filter, new hoses fro the fuel system,Enforcer 3 turbo hybrid good to 500 hp from Turbonetics and forward motion all new custom made stainless steel oil lines and hoses, custom cold air kit and blow off valve from eagle talon (adjusted to up to 20 psi) Mopar performance water pump,new radiator from the dodge dealer a few years ago, new fan system and 2 custom pusher fans in front, Mopar performance Computer ( not super 60 garbage) I monitor with fuel press with the air/fuel gauge to prevent lean mixture and engine damage, a second more accurate boost gauge from auto meter, I just installed a manual boost control system set at 15 psi but it is more accurate and is instant boost from the lagging computers. This can be set safely on this car to 20-25 psi but I keep it conservative myself. I ran it at 25 a few times and the car is a rocket but I like to be very conservative with all my hard work. The transmission was basically like new when I got it from a wrecked car with 25K miles 5 years ago. The throwout bearing and linkage was replaced and the flywheel turned, all new Borg and warner hi performance clutch and pressure plate system installed good to 500 HP. I have installed all new cables and a new shifter old original knob found on Ebay 5 years ago. Shifts perfect. The exhaust is 2.5 inch all the way back to an OBX dual tip muffler. The down pipe on all the 89 cars was the desired 2.5 into a complete 2.5 system. It is very deep and a bit throaty. I do set off car alarms as I idle past them in the garage. This car is moving some serious air through the motor. No Cat converter (looks like it is there but it is a fake as it was pushed through with a pipe and welded to look like it is activated. The car passes emissions without it and the reading is way low)...

The fuel injectors are new (also from forward motion) new wires,plugs, accell coil for this motor and all new timing belt and other belts, the ac is hooked up and works, ( i believe that it needs a charge and the control panel needs replacement due to a lag when the button is pushed to turn it on, it is delayed kicking in but it does work,

I had a dodge omni condenser installed to free up some space around the radiator to allow intercooler pipes that I had installed at first. I still have the race intercooler from fwd performance and the pipes to install it but no time to complete this. I bought a Indy intercooler and installed that instead. But the car is ready to remove this intercooler, remove the front fascia of the car, install the new bigger dual core intercooler and hook up the plumbing with all the blue connections and clamps included and it will really wake this car up further, (not able to work on the car here in a condo and I don't trust other mechanics, I was putting it off till next year as I don't normally drive this car)

Basically, this car has the best parts that money could buy, I don't believe in nitrous, the car has just recently received it's 3rd oil change of mobile 1 synthetic as I did the first oil change at 1K miles after the rebuild, the second after 3K miles as a precaution,the 3rd after this 8k miles on the motor. The motor came out perfect, I have it broken in perfect and it has been well taken care of.

You can take this car to the track but I would give it special treatment if you do.

The alpine cd player has a separate cd in dash and a rear changer installed in the back (6 discs) Kenwood mono amp, Alpine
4 channel amp and MB quarts separates. Alpine EQ
with sub volume control. Prestige alarm system with auto door lock function installed, Sounds really good. I have some problems with the removable face on the alpine. It is loose in the mount and I have solved the problem by inserting coins around the face to keep it working normal. I was unable to find someone that could correct this problem. Works well but is not perfect.

The digital dash works well but the headlight switch is a bit loose, needs a replacement because it is too sensitive when touched fro the brightness. The headlights work normal. The cruise control is there but no longer hooked up, I was using the vacuum line from it but it is all there and ready to be reactivated. The rear view mirrors work but I need to find a rear mirror control panel as the button is not working in all directions. The motors work on the mirrors but the switch is the problem.. The rear center tail light is flaking some sealer on the lens, I just found and purchased a like new replacement from ebay last week. It will be included.

There is a stain in the rear hatch area from some spilled bleach from the store that leaked, about $80 to replace that carpet and re glue some of the loose carpet around the rear amp rack. The seats and headliner,carpet,floor mats and door panels are are excellent,

The overhead map light is loose in the ceiling and needs a replacement as one of the buttons is sticky.
The passenger side weather trim window scrapper is torn and needs replacement, ( I have the part and will include it) no time to remove the window and take care of it...(Not allowed to work on this car in my condo).

The car runs and looks great! Runs strong and starts up with a turn of the key,idles smooth and doesn't hesitate, I have always let the turbo cool down before shutting down the motor, I even use the 2 custom pusher fans to help cool the car faster, This car was my fun project when I wasn't at American Airlines working on our planes, it was my fun and relaxation at home on my days off when I had a full garage at home to do this. The fun for me was the project not the completion. I'm ready to start again in a few years with something else turbo.

This is the cleanest 20 year old Daytona Shelby you will find. You can have the original wheels and caps as I have them available in storage. I also have a drivers seat with controls as a spare parts source.

This car is not 100% perfect ready for a museum but it is ready for a car show right now. I want it to go to someone that will take care of it and not give it to their kid as a first car. It is a very rare car as only 1 from 254 were ever made in 89 in radiant silver. 1 from 100 of those cars as a t-top and 1 from 50 of those cars that had every option.

Most of the other cars are gone and this car will get more rare in the future car shows. Thats why the license plate frame I had made already says "1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby" on top, the bottom says "2.2 Intercooled Turbo"
The windshield logo gets the attention at the gas stations, people come over to see the car every time. "Dodge Daytona Shelby"

I am getting allot of questions about my car so I expect it will go to the first person that offers the most for it. My asking price is very very low considering the parts alone not including the time in this project by a professional.

The drive train alone cost me $7,500 alone.The car was designed to be durable and to last, no expense was spared...The rest was about another $7,000 in paint,body,interior,suspension,brakes,original parts,upgrades,etc. I have kept it as original as possible but updated everything to a modern car as it should be today.

It is easy to have the car shipped uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Vehicles or Moves
I will help with the transfer, I have the title in hand and it is a clear title. The carfax is also clean as you can feel free to check. I will accept a deposit then money transfer to my bank, I will accept a cashiers check or cash.

More pictures available soon..
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/482609

My number is 305-975-6728.
Michael combs
mikecombs66
[email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts

This is the cleanest 20 year old Daytona Shelby you will find.
After all the stains/coins/faulty buttons, no its not! Mine's cleaner!

:p

Car sounds sweet man, if it's still for sale in december i'm going to be in FL for a weekend, i'll have to swing by and check it out. Might be nice to add to my collection.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Ok, but it will be gone within the next 2 weeks. I am way to open because I do not like to have problems. This is a no rust never wrecked car.

Trust me when I say that it is rare and not at all common car. I have the money to buy anything I want for the car but I am not going to be able to put more time into it.

·
Registered
65 Posts

Hi I was just wondering if this car is still for sale? I am very interested.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yes, I still have it. I had a guy come by and test drive it, he wanted it but he couldn't come up with the money... I guess. He has called a few times trying to scrape money up but no word yet. SO YES IT IS STILL AVAILABLE...I hate to sell it but my wife and I are in a condo and I am not allowed to work on my cars there. We want to start a family so I have no time for it... This is the 4th Dodge Daytona Shelby I have had. I have all the factory maintenance manuals and other parts to go with it. So far all the things that I had mentioned before that were wrong with it are in the process of being fixed. I have to fix it in secret at night in the garage when my neighbors are not awake. It sucks.. The car is running strong,idles perfect, starts easily, in excellent shap for a 20 year old car. Feel free to call and ask questions. I am looking for around $7500 OBO. When you find out how much money went into this car, you will consider it a baragin at that price. I just had the paint touched up and it looks really clean. NO RUST! Never in an accident, clean carfax!! Michael Combs 305-975-6728 Miami, FL. 33130 [email protected]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

By the way, shipping this car is very cheap...If you go to uShip - The Online Shipping Marketplace - Ship Freight, Furniture, Vehicles or Moves Transporters bid to get your business. I have used them in the past. It is about $500 to ship a car from Miami to Boston or about $700 to LA from Miami.

This is one of the last chances to own a classy Dodge Daytona Shelby like this. It seems like a 5 year old car although it is a 20 year old car. The 89 daytona Shelby cars were the best years made. I know because I had 2 1987s and an 1988. This 89 is the most modern and had the most upgrades. I need this car to go to a good home. This shouldn't be a first car for a kid because it is very fast.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

YES!!!!!!!!!!! Because the Daytona Shelby Turbo 2 cars came factory with all forged rods,crank and pistons running stock 14psi from the factory...Also I confirmed this with the Factory Maintenance Manuals and a visual..

This is a forged engine not a turbo 1 with cast everything running 5-7 psi.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I was wondering if you could tell me how much the shipping is to Hazlet NJ area code 07730.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Yeah Mike, that is a great looking car. You won't find anything that nice up here in the north. BTW thanks for commenting on my page.
Beg to differ.....

:p

Unless you're ignoring those (or rather the one) nicer that's up here...:thumb:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

I was wondering if you could tell me how much the shipping is to Hazlet NJ area code 07730.
I can't be 100% positive but I sold my 2003 Corvette last year to a guy in Boston and he told me it was $500 to take it from fort lauderdale (I had to deliver it to Fort Lauderdale) to Boston.

That uship dot com website can offer you a quote. Expect with fuel prices about $500 to $600.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts