Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 96 Jeep XJ, '13 300C
5,938 Posts
Depends. The values on these cars are all over the place. The condition of the car, rust, options, etc all factor in. Can't really give a value from 1 picture and your husband's word that "it works". The Shelby name doesn't carry a ton of weight on the Daytona because it's not a "real" Shelby to the rest of the automotive world. This isn't going to be a cash cow like you see on TV.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends. The values on these cars are all over the place. The condition of the car, rust, options, etc all factor in. Can't really give a value from 1 picture and your husband's word that "it works". The Shelby name doesn't carry a ton of weight on the Daytona because it's not a "real" Shelby to the rest of the automotive world. This isn't going to be a cash cow like you see on TV.
Thank you for taking the time to write me . I appreciate any information I can get. Here is what my husband told me about it ..

The Daytona has a 2.2 intercooled turbo engine with the Mopar performance upgraded ECU. So it will push 16lbs of boost rather than just 12. It has aftermarket magnaflow exhaust other wise its all stock with the original 16" pumper wheels with 1 extra wheel and a bunch of parts that come with it.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
I agree with Evilcowroland, Condition is everything on these cars. The 89 TII Shelby Z is a really good model year. Lots of improvements since the first generation of Daytonas in 84. Any rust? Drivers wheelwell is prone to rust where e-brake cable exits interior going outside of vehicle. Visible wheelwell rust on lip start on these cars too. Check door and tailgate seams at bottom for rust. Hood paint looks okay in picture but is top of car paint faded? All effects value. Engine wise, this is as good as it got for SOHC 2.2's. Transmission is a huge upgrade over previous models too. This car is as good as it got for brakes too on Chrysler FWD cars. Mileage? Options like cloth or leather? IMO, could be a $1500 car or it could be a $6500 or more car based on condition. Location of car can also help determine potential buyer thoughts on purchase and condition of car.
If this vehicle is going up for sale, take the time to post lots of good quality high res. pictures, and write a good for sale ad for the vehicle. Sometimes, a poorly written FS ad is serious detriment to selling your vehicle.
GLWS,
Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts