Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in need of an uncut engine bay wire harness for an 89 daytona es 2.5 t1 auto, and a shifter and cables for a555

·
Boost is a good thing!!
1,008 Posts
Are you going to convert you auto to a stick?
Good point! If Iroc R/T is requesting a clutch cable, dont forget to ask for the clutch cable bracket with clip that holds that cable onto the drivers strut tower.

My bud Kurt who converted a 89 Daytona TI auto to a 5 speed also ran into problems with the brake booster. I think the brake booster on the auto's are larger in diameter and actually hit the clutch cable support bracket. He had to find one from another 2.2 car that was smaller.

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
Good point! If Iroc R/T is requesting a clutch cable, dont forget to ask for the clutch cable bracket with clip that holds that cable onto the drivers strut tower.

My bud Kurt who converted a 89 Daytona TI auto to a 5 speed also ran into problems with the brake booster. I think the brake booster on the auto's are larger in diameter and actually hit the clutch cable support bracket. He had to find one from another 2.2 car that was smaller.
thanks. i was more asking cause i have seen auto cals stall when comming to a stop in stick cars

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have done several conversions and never had issues with brake booster clearance for the clutch cable. Nor have I ever had problems with stalling after a conversion while continuing the use of auto cal. But, some bugs present themselves for some people/cars and not for others. Anyway, PM sent on parts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i am doing an auto to manual conversion but i have a parts car that has everything except the parts i have posted and a manual cal but im gonna try the auto cal and see how that goes

·
Premium Member
2,558 Posts
yes i am doing an auto to manual conversion but i have a parts car that has everything except the parts i have posted and a manual cal but im gonna try the auto cal and see how that goes
Ok sounds good. The experience I have had with the auto cal stalling was with my friends mini. It would stall when coming to a stop with the ac on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is Kurt, the person Steve was talking about.
The clutch cable bracket had to be shaved at the bottom for the bracket to fit. Ideally, find a single diaphragm brake booster for 15/16" rims cardone part number 503173 (with master cylinder). The problem is this booster seems to be R&R only. You can use the buyers guide on rock auto to find applications for that booster to find one in the junk yard. I had to pull one out of an 89 Aries.

You will be able to tell if you will have clearance issues if the booster is a dual diaphragm. These boosters are larger in diameter and aren't molded around the booster check valve and master cylinder mount. They stick out towards the two holes for the bracket on the driver side strut tower, and look more like a perfect cylinder.

If I remember when I get off work, I'll post pictures of both boosters.
Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts