Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so been working on this for a long time got it all back together just replaced the headgasket. Car runs rough then dies and its not making boost
Can someone help.

·
Super Moderator
6,975 Posts
any codes?? are you trying to make boost sitting still at idle?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes at idle and there was nothing smooth about it i just double checked the timing it was off so i realigned the gears all in line now yeah try to make boost at idle. Did not check for any codes yet. Ill check it out and post again. It did have an oil leak i fixed that had to get a new fitting. Lol thats just my luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It starts right up every time. Check engine light comes on and it dies. No codes. Idk if its a vacuum problem or whats going on still no boost

·
Administrator
24,993 Posts
Before we get started I need more info.
You say this is an 89 Omni but there was not a factory turbo Omni in 89 so what are we working with engine and electronic wise?

1)Need to know what engine vacuum is reading at idle.
2)We have run into this quite a bit, you have to be more than 100% positive Cam Timing is correct.
3)Is ignition timing correct?
4)What is fuel pressure reading?
5)Are vacuum lines routed correctly?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I those are all ?s im asking myself at the moment. I went over the timing like six times its corrorect gone over the vacuum lines quit a bit. Its an 89 daytona computer blow though set up. Cause the car came with a SEMC so i got a harness from a daytona. Got a new computer. It kinda backfires alittle bit. So the timing could still be off. Im not sure by how far. All i know is that this is the closest ive gotten to this thing running i appreciate the help ill keep everyone posted.

·
Registered
328 Posts
you will not make boost by just reving the motor in neutral, but that is the least of your worries right now, you need to check for codes and get it running good and idling first before worrying about boost

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could this code pop up if the vacuum line going from the map to the baro read is to long and it taking to long tho get feed from one to the other

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is a picture from before the engine bay before the engine went in. you can see the solenoids on the strut tower and the map sensor on the firewall. i actually just today shortened the vac line and relocated the map closer to the solenoid and cam out with good results, but it still stalls at idle if i have my foot on the gas the check engine light stays of and the car does not die
:bang head

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts