Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking for a somewhat common coolant recovery tank for a 89 GTC Lebaron. This one leaks right where the arrow is.
Supposed to fit mid 88-89 J, Q, K, G,H, body styles. They also made a similar style with a low coolant level sensor. Part # is 4401521. 4401522 for the one with the sensor. Stamped on part is # 4401518
Let me know if you have one that is available.
Thanks,
Todd
88-89 JQKGH Overflow tank.jpg
88-89 JQKGH Overflow tank (stamped on part).jpg

·
Registered
169 Posts
If not too far gone high temp glue or Marine sealant (very toxic, use in a ventilated area). Rough sand, clean, dry, & apply a couple of coats, let cure 24 hrs between coats. Kind of went overboard with sealant but little's visible & no leaks in over 8 years. My tank had leaked & over $60 for a new slim tank was excessive, it might not fit, be too small & removal take way too long. Trimmed stocker down (hacksaw, file, sand) for additional 1 ½ inch access to Power Module space & fast tank removal (about 10 seconds using rubber tire chain tensor). Used a soldering gun to melt & roll plastic over the non-visable new big hole. Didn't leak but paranoia made me go overboard to apply 4 coats of sealant anyway. With other mods a complete PM swap takes about 2 minutes. Note photo; sheet metal was easily rolled under with cressent wrench & bike tube applied to safely allow tank positioning even closer to the intercooler. Oval shaped hole requred for S hook (that has to be trimmed & bent). Paint was already chipped & metal roll looks stock. Tank mod isn't required for a fast PM swap but might as well do it for Future Bob, old Bob, broken down decrepit poor Bob. Stock tank overflow hole is now radiator input & brass air hose fitting is in new hole for overflow tube (about 1/2 inch above input). Required, additional hose from radiator to overflow tank input to reach the tank's bottom. TIP: To prevent vibration from creating another hole glue a thin piece of foam or bike tube to the tank's bottom and the top's attachment/rub points. Ensure no metal touches the plastic tank.

To make your car go really really fast use Kroger's Fiber Laxative. Bottle made such a good temporary overflow tank I kept it, why? Surprise Fiber bonus, removed lid & a few small corrosion particles could be easily seen & extracted. Fit much better than stock & worked great but a bit too small for permanent use. No way stock tank was designed Daytona specific, doesn't remotely fit contours & takes up way too much room. A big tank could easily fit under the overhang with only the spout peaking out. DDBob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts