Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Are there any tips for installing these? I found another thread here where someone had similar issues but when using a poly bushing, but he resolved it by going back to a rubber one. The "new" mounting rubber does not seem to be chrysler stamped (unless its on the side not visible to the camera) but looks identical to the old rubber albeit in better shape. I had to replace the entire bracket as the original bracket was snapped in half.

In the picture I have all 3 engine/trans side bolts fully tightened. If I remove those I can tighten the frame/bushing bolts, but then the trans/engine side does not line up. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Registered
410 Posts
First, Is the replacement bracket from the Trans mission side and holds the front rubber mount? I would check that the new used bracket you referenced above to see if it has the same P/N stamped on it as the broken bracket. The bracket may have different offsets depending on the car model it came off of.

I would check the passenger side motor mount, they are notorious for going bad and that the two factory shims are under the mount.

Ron

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Ron! I managed to get it on. I'll reference the P/N in a few days. I'm heading out to dinner at the moment.

I did hold them up side by side and the part I compared measured exactly the same. I didn't measure the entire thing since it was broken in half.

I just used channel locks to "pull" the bracket towards the mounting studs/holes then used the nuts to hold things while I lined it all up. It took quite some time and effort, but it held for a test drive. Now I have to work out all of the other issues on the car :).

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I've replaced the front mount and I found it's easier to get the front mount to line up if you loosen the "dog-bone" mount between the K-frame and the transmission.
That will allow the engine to pivot enough to get the front mounting bolts in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts