Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't understand why the thread is closed...? New problem before I re start..
The key in ignition beep is going off without any key in the ignition. I told you strange things were happening..?

There are no codes after on-off 3-4 times nothing is coming up??? it's weird.

Again, don't know why the thread is closed. I'm here and looking for help.

Why would the starter solenoid go kabutz and make the dash go crazy? why don't I have any power to coil? It ran before I pulled the engine?

Naj I appreciate all you do and have done for me in the past without reaching out... Now, i'm reaching out!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so have 1.3V at + coil with key on. Putting 12.V to + does nothing. Ground the Dark blue/yellow and no change. Except that the dash MPH starts to go nutz again.??? The key in ignition ding likes the ground on the db/y wire to ground as well. I'm hearing "clicks behind the glove compartment..? WTF is that?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, after shorting the asd relay I'm getting codes now.. Of course it's 42 but 1st time got any codes.. Progress and not. I'm getting hopeful here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
going to unplug batt and see if anything changes with codes. Ok, so i unhooked neg cable, waited 3 min and re attached. Didn't start just key on got a 32 Power limited light lamp failure. This is still with the asd shorted. gonna crank now and see what else pops up. Cranked 10 seconds and 32 gone all remains is 42. Still no light on Distributer just a volt... Thanks for your patience with me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, i disconnected the jumper to asd and I can't get an engine light without the shorted asd. The beeping from key in ignition ding is driving me nutz.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NAJ, Whatever you can supply me on the ASD circuit would be appreciated. Again, don't know why original post is closed...?
Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is there a relay device that activates ASD if car is hit? If so what is the location?
Before engine was removed it rolled 2-3 mph into a tree, I'm thinking that may be the cause????
Thanking you in advance for your time and efforts,
Sincerely,
Brian

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it running! Power to relay side of ASD is sketchy, Need to find why +12v from key is only 9v and the ground is also not holding. Diagram? Brian

·
Administrator
24,445 Posts
Do you have a link to your original thread?

The ASD is used to shut down the fuel and ignition system in the case of an accident if the engine stops running to prevent a fire.
The Engine Controller controls the Ground Side of the Relay.
The engine controller needs to see Crank/RPM and Fuel Sync (turbo only) Signals.
If either of those signals is lost/not seen during cranking or with the engine running the controller will stop ASD actuation and all power to the +coil, fuel pump and fuel injectors will be lost.
If you get ASD actuation for 1 second with initial key on but no actuation during cranking then the ASD circuit is fine and your issue is with the HEP circuit.

There are two power feeds, ground side control and an output to powered devices.
1)RD Wire - Constant Battery Power (12 volts) through a WT Fusible Link
2)DB Wire - 12 volts from the SMEC 14 Pin Connector Cavity 3
a)This power feed also runs to the SMEC 60 Pin Connector Cavity 12.
b)Power to the SMEC 14 Pin Connector Cavity #3 comes from the SMEC 14 Pin Connector Cavity 4.
c)Cavity 4 gets its power from the Ignition Switch.
3)DB/YL wire - Ground Side Control from the SMEC 60 Pin Connector Cavity 58.
4)DG/BK - 12 Volt Output to the +Coil, Fuel Pump, Fuel Injectors, HO2S and SMEC 60 Pin Connector Cavity 10.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, it's running like a dream! 800rpm at idle, Vacuum at 18 hg. Engine bay all clean, engine painted.
Wifie says, "looks brand new" I'm soooooo happy!
Car was totaled in 2017, bought it from insurance for 350.00. got doner for 250.00. 3 years of sitting in the yard looking at me and the covid-19 got me to get it done.
NAJ, your help and a ton of threads pulling axles, dealing with getting the front up 33" off the ground.... My first swap!
Thank you all behind the curtain that have posted throughout the years to enable me at 64 years young to accomplish this endeavor. WAY TO GO TURBO DODGE! If I can figure how to upload picts I'll post the job... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts