Turbo Dodge Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my 84 and have not even put it on road yet, needs tires, starter, and major tune up. A friend of a friend offered to trade me his 90 v6. Says the A/C is completely non functional and it needs a turn signal switch. I just got to look at it today and took these pictures. The A/C is open and will need complete replacement...not a big deal as parts are plentiful. But, the turn signal switch is not only broken...the whole plastic cluster is in bad shape and i have no idea where to find a replacement. None of the local junk yards have any Daytona's. Also, in the picture, next to compressor is what looks to me a dip stick tube missing the dip stick...what is that? Car is a daily driver and drives well. No issues of leaks or odd sounds or smells. Auto trans shifts quickly without jerking, and all fluids are good. Just uncertain about the missing dipstick and locating the plastic piece with all the switches. What do you guys think? Oh and it's a title for title and $200 his way trade. Thanks for any advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
782 Posts
That "dipstick tube" is for a magnetic pickup(timing light) and someone correct me if im wrong but le baron parts should fit a daytona dash and be more readily available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did a quick Google image search and looks like the LeBaron dash is similar. Going to check with the junk yards again, thanks. I feel like a dunce with the timing light doh.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
A good deal of Lebaron parts will swap to the daytona. just make sure you get the correct year. the later Lebarons had the turn signal in the column. and no switch for the fog lights. the "dip stick tube" is as stated is for setting the timing. it sounds like a good deal go for it!!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,937 Posts
The LeBaron cluster surround is similar for '90 to '93. The turn signal stalk returned to the steering column in '94, which was LeBaron-only since the Daytona stopped production in '93. The problem is that the LeBaron surround is slightly different. On your ES and any other Daytona with fog lights, you have an extra switch to operate them. The LeBaron never came with fog lights and the surround doesn't even have a place for it. You will need another Daytona surround or to find a way to repair yours. The other thing you need to watch for is the rear wiper. If yours has one, that is also Daytona specific and even more rare than the fog lights. The surround on my '90 has both options and I have yet to come across one in the junkyard that has them, so I've been very careful not to damage the one I have.

·
Premium Member
5,905 Posts
The LeBaron cluster surround is similar for '90 to '93. The turn signal stalk returned to the steering column in '94, which was LeBaron-only since the Daytona stopped production in '93. The problem is that the LeBaron surround is slightly different. On your ES and any other Daytona with fog lights, you have an extra switch to operate them. The LeBaron never came with fog lights and the surround doesn't even have a place for it. You will need another Daytona surround or to find a way to repair yours. The other thing you need to watch for is the rear wiper. If yours has one, that is also Daytona specific and even more rare than the fog lights. The surround on my '90 has both options and I have yet to come across one in the junkyard that has them, so I've been very careful not to damage the one I have.
I have a whole rear wiper set up in my shop collecting dust!!!LOL:dancing:

·
Registered
90 Daytona Shelby, 89 Spirit ES, 96 Jeep XJ
5,937 Posts
My wiper works just fine. It's the switch and dash bezel that I can't find extra parts for! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I would definitely trade in your 84 for the 90. 84 has the oddball harness that can be a pain to deal with when things go wrong (one year only). The turn signal/cluster issues are minute compared to the problems you could be having with your 84. BTW I have been keeping an eye on that same V6 Daytona :p. All the good deals turn up when I have already purchased my Daytona and Lebaron. Is your 84 Daytona a gold one from the Greensboro/Burlington area? If so that used to be one of mine (very briefly) I got in a buy one get one free deal lol. Where in NC are you located? See a white ES Daytona with a-pillar gauges and ninja wheels around Fayetteville? That person would be me. PM me (same goes for you DPE91) if you need help with your V6 Daytona if you decide to get it, I believe the V6 fixes the power-to weight ratio of the Daytona and is a much more efficient platform to build up imo. I have a 1994 V6 Lebaron and I absolutely enjoy it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sticking with my 84. She is black on black, and I've heard tales of your white Daytona. I stay in Goldsboro near SJAFB. I try and get to the Fayetteville Track for freaky Fridays. That 90 model still up for grabs.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I'm sticking with my 84. She is black on black, and I've heard tales of your white Daytona. I stay in Goldsboro near SJAFB. I try and get to the Fayetteville Track for freaky Fridays. That 90 model still up for grabs.
Cool, just hit me up if you want to meet up sometime. Also, feel free to show some pics of your 84 off in the Daytona thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.