Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh dessy! (name of my 90 dodge daytona) she's being a dumb broad again! i start her up yesterday and the first thing i notice is that the car is making a weird...light squeeling/chirping sound in idle. whatever, could be the weather i thought! so i pull outta my driveway and now i hear a loud SQUEELING sound whenever i press the clutch. it's quite irritating, and many heads turn whenever i switch gears, lol. anyways, it doesn't matter how hard i press or how lightly, but as soon as there is pressure on the thing, the thing start to squeel like mad, even if im idling and just playing with the clutch i thought, jee, i didn't crash or nothing, so i went back home and left her overnight, hoping that today, when i start her up, all the problems would of fixes themselves, lol.

so i start her up today, same thing! there's a light squeaking/chirping sound while in idle, kinda sounds like a squeaking belt, but i don't think that's it, since i would imagine this problem would be interrelated with the problem with my clutch, since both happened at the exact same time. also, the harsh squeeling sound of the clutch when depressed is still there even when idling some more things i noticed were that sometimes the light squeeling sound would go away for a few seconds, and would be replaced by..hmm..i don't know how to explain it, kinda like a rumble clug clug sound for a couple seconds, then goes back to the light squeaking.

another thing i noticed today was when i was idling with my foot on the brake, and the other sitting on the clutch, i could feel like the clutch like slightly vibrating, like i heard rattling sounds from near where the clutch is and i could feel something like 'knocking' it when i lightly put my foot on it lightly. it kinda sounded and felt like..imagine a metal box with a bolt in it and someone shaking it. also noticed (but this could be my head playing tricks, but i don't think so) that the clutch is no longer 'smooth', like it's kinda..it feels like there's 'stages' for the clutch. like ill push it a little and i can feel resistance, and i push a little bit more then ill feel resistance, and a little more and so on; i've never felt that before.

anways, sorry guys for my shoddy description here, but it's the best that i could do. anyways, my neighbour heard my car, and he said he thinks it's something wrong with the 'fan belt' but that doesn't explain the clutch sounds i think. i also ran into another fellow today while buying a bike and he told me i had a bad bearing and needed it to be fixed rite away OR ELSE! eheeh. so hey, could someone spread some light here? thanks!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Throw out bearing....

·
Registered
361 Posts
Throw out bearing yes... also check and make sure your bolts that hold the tranny and the motor together are tight,especially the ones in the front!
I had this happen to me about 12 years ago..I thought my new clutch was about to give up like the last one I had that had about 500 miles on it...

Bearcat

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so i drove it to work the next day hoping that i could wait a while before getting it fixed, i got to work fine but when i got off i couldn't put the car into reverse. ok, fine, i got out and rolled it backwards and drove, but 10 minutes in it started getting harder and harder to put the car into any gear! OMG! finally it just..didn't, it stayed neutral, no matter how hard i press the clutch! it weird, i can't switch gears when the car is on but when it's off it slides smoothly! so now she sits in the middle of a neightbourhood that i don't know, parked, and me with wet shoes because it rained and i had a hole in my right toe. so is that typical of symptoms of a throwout bearing problem? cause if not im guessing there could be something else wrong with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts