Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a comp package vnt 90 shadow that i seem to never have any time to get to its been in my garage for a few years now and the wife is gettin on me about it , its a very rare one one of 30 made and one of 3 canadian spec cars its red and very basic , just the go fast stuff, it needs some engine work , the guy i got it from tried to get it to run without a turbo???? he gave up and i got it just no time to play with it , no rust just a few dents could use a paint job, I have new decals for the hood email me if interested [email protected] oh the car is in vancouver bc canada

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Good luck on finding a good home for the car.

I have one red comp. VNT package Shadow and a red ES VNT Shadow. And... a friend's red VNT comp. package Shadow outside looking for a home as well. (and a few R/Ts to boot) The TD community needs people stepping up to the plate and saving the rare ones like these (and the R/Ts, Shelby # cars, etc..)

·
Banned
4 Posts
I agree. These cars really need to find a good home. I would probably try to take it off of yoru hands if you were not so far away. I have been saying that I would jump on a 90' shadow c/s if I found one, but it would not be too practical at this time.

Someone should really jump on this opportunity.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
cordes said:
I agree. These cars really need to find a good home. I would probably try to take it off of yoru hands if you were not so far away. I have been saying that I would jump on a 90' shadow c/s if I found one, but it would not be too practical at this time.

Someone should really jump on this opportunity.

I know, it really hurts this hobby when the rare ones get parted or junked. My friend's '90 VNT Ccompetition package Shadow just needs to be put back together. (not a thread hijack...giving an example) It has the motor fully rebuilt 0-miles(mains,rods,crank,decked) New 3" JRB, new RP 4-puck clutch package, new 0-mile Falken Azenis, Turbonetics rebuilt S60 turbo, and a bunch of new tidbits and no takers at all for $2,500. I'm on the RT mailing list and see one person pleading to sell his *running* '91 R/T for $1,500 last week. Seen R/Ts for sale on that list go for even less.
It's not really us bringing the prices down... i think that the problem is that "us" already have 3-5 TD's parked out back. We need to get new blood.

Anywho... I really hope someone buys sundanceturbo2's car because I don't anyone would regret buying such a rare car for so little. See the DaimlerChrysler letter I got from them years back on the production #s of my competition package VNT Shadow at: www.exploremaine.com/~yngwie
Please ignore the cornball crap on there. My friend made the webpage for me about 8+ years ago now :bash:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Anyone know where the third car is? I have one also, black with the competition package. Car was converted to TII and I am collecting stuff to get it back to TIV. I thought I remembered the third car out west (Sask. or AB), he had a website. That car was black too.

Sundance, do you have any documentation from Chrysler documenting the 3 of 30 status? Or anything else for that matter?

·
Banned
4 Posts
speeddemon said:
Anyone know where the third car is? I have one also, black with the competition package. Car was converted to TII and I am collecting stuff to get it back to TIV. I thought I remembered the third car out west (Sask. or AB), he had a website. That car was black too.

Sundance, do you have any documentation from Chrysler documenting the 3 of 30 status? Or anything else for that matter?
I remember seeing his site too. I have nt seen the car, or posts of the actual owner though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
speeddemon said:

I think I might be that guy. I'm probably going to be selling the comp pkg and just concentrate on the GTC.

Currently the shadow is in TII form with eibachs, konis, carrerras, 40% injectors, 3bar map and stage 5 fwdperf computer.

I should update the page sometime
http://sliderr.net/vnt.html

Stacy

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
speeddemon said:

Not sure about just 3 being made... but Dean Stillie used to own a black competition package VNT Shadow a few years back. One thing that sets that one apart from the other's I have and have seen is that his was a radio delete car. Mine are delete EVERYTHING except for air and a 4-speaker cassette. No rear defrost, no trunk light, no hood light, etc. Weird that if you ordered the competition package model, air came standard according to what I "remember" reading in my brochure, but on the '89 CS T-II cars, air was not available.

I have DC documentation on 30 cars, but I kinda have a gut feeling there's possibly a *bit* more than that. Bill Baker has one, I have 2 here, Dean Stillie's, this one for sale in this post, Matt Houff in MD had a black one, speedemon here has one.... and I have heard of a few others.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My car is Dean's old car. No air, rear defrost delete (although Dean retrofitted the car with it), I'll have to check the bill of sale to confirm the radio delete though.

Stacy, yours was the car I was thinking of...

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes, the 89 C/S AGS (competition package) cars were all AC DELETE cars. Now some people will tell you that is not so, but the option and accessory report clearly states it. My 89 C/S AGS has dealer added AC, but the dataplate clearly says HCD which is heater bi-level.

Cliff Sebring is the one who sold Matt Houff his VNT comp Shadow. I went to look at the car and just missed out on it. I believe Matt sold the car and I'm not sure where it went.

I would love to have a competition package 90 VNT Shadow, but as someone said earlier, a lot of have 3 or more TDs already, and I'm just flat out of room!

Scott
86 GLHS #408
89 Daytona C/S competition package
91 Daytona C/S competition package
92 Spirit R/T
01 Impala police interceptor
04 SRT-4 (Electric Blue)
Walkersville, MD

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
speeddemon said:

i dont have any documents other than what i have read on the net, and a local car for sale a few years back had one for sale that quoted one of three and his car was silver so maybe the production figures are a little off, but for sure only a handfull were made

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
ScottD said:
Cliff Sebring is the one who sold Matt Houff his VNT comp Shadow. I went to look at the car and just missed out on it. I believe Matt sold the car and I'm not sure where it went.

I would love to have a competition package 90 VNT Shadow, but as someone said earlier, a lot of have 3 or more TDs already, and I'm just flat out of room!

He sold it quite afew years ago to a Dan Goldstein. Dan said he bought it to do some autocrossing and daily driving, which was shared with a co-owner. Dan made a few posts on the SDML the following year, but disappeared since then.

BTW... trade me your '86 GLHS if you want a CP VNT Shadow :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
I had a 90 VNT shadow, 'regular' VNT :) Anyway, it was almost completely parted, but it now lives in Phoenix, AZ ,and the present owner wants it out of his yard. Mind you, it is a rust free shell, with a clear TX title. No engine, front suspension, seats, wiring, etc. Body wise, it needs front right fender, grille, hood, headlamps. Has(d) power windows, locks, mirrors, etc. If you had a good P body donor car, you'd be all set. I think he will be looking for nothing, or close to it, get it out of his yard.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sliderr said:
there was definitely more than 3 in canada, not sure where that number came from?
ok then how many were made? any one know for sure? I dont think many at all most likley one or two in each major center in the country maybe 10 or 15 in canada, a lot more es's for sure, I know of a couple of es's around and know of three wrecked out,all es shadows not c/s's

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm not convinced that any of the numbers on the 90 VNT cars are correct. There were not many, but the numbers are far greater than conventional wisdom has shown. I've lost count of how many 90 VNT Daytona Shelby's tyhat myself and friends have had. GTC LeBaron VNT's were the 'rarest', and they keep crawling out of the woodwork, even those supposedly 3 GTC convertables. So, rare, yes they are, but these things being in the quantity 3 category is getting harder and harder to believe.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nemiro said:
I'm not convinced that any of the numbers on the 90 VNT cars are correct. There were not many, but the numbers are far greater than conventional wisdom has shown. I've lost count of how many 90 VNT Daytona Shelby's tyhat myself and friends have had. GTC LeBaron VNT's were the 'rarest', and they keep crawling out of the woodwork, even those supposedly 3 GTC convertables. So, rare, yes they are, but these things being in the quantity 3 category is getting harder and harder to believe.
over 500 of the daytona's thats a lot of cars the engine in my sundance is a 90 vnt from a shelby (t II turbo though) and I thought just as many lebaron coupes were made as daytona's

·
Registered
834 Posts
sundanceturbo2 said:
over 500 of the daytona's thats a lot of cars the engine in my sundance is a 90 vnt from a shelby (t II turbo though) and I thought just as many lebaron coupes were made as daytona's
Dude, You work at Ried's auto wrecking right! Your Sundance Rocks!!! Good luck selling the Shadow, I wouldve been interested in it, but just picked up a 1990 Dodge Shadow ES turbo five speed for really cheap.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts