Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Buy a 1991 turbo Daytona and swap everything over.

·
Registered
267 Posts
With some work, sure. Just get the wiring diagrams for both and start matching up wires.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am getin a harness from a turbo daytons so i think ill have the wireing covered. Now about the oil and coolent return line off the turbo where should i put those ?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Swap in a turbo drivetrain as it would be difficult and somewhat expensive to convert a TBI motor to turbo properly.

BTW, the turbo oil line runs from the front of the motor where the oil pressure switch and oil pressure sender are installed. The oil return runs into the back of the block (there's a boss there that needs to be drilled out to 2/64 and have the proper fitting inserted and peened in place) The coolant line run from the back of the block opposite of the water pump inlet to the turbo. Tht's one more fitting (1/4" pipe) to be drilled and tapped. The coolant return line runs to the side of the head above the coolant temperature sensor. The cam, valves, springs and shrouding of the valves are different in a turbo car. The pistons are of course different as well. The torque converter or clutch is different as are the final drive ratios and strength of the gears. The turbo automatics had stronger clutches and other internals. There may be others, but that's all I can think of right now.

Good luck,
Stefan

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fiat22turbo said:
Swap in a turbo drivetrain as it would be difficult and somewhat expensive to convert a TBI motor to turbo properly.

The torque converter or clutch is different as are the final drive ratios and strength of the gears. The turbo automatics had stronger clutches and other internals. There may be others, but that's all I can think of right now.

Stefan
so i should probly put in a trans out of a turbo car then?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts