Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
24,435 Posts
Why are you looking to upgrade?
Is the car stock?

If you are only looking for a quality set of OE replacement ignition wires I would recommend "Duralast Gold" from Autozone.
I was a commercial sales manager for Autozone for 6 years so I can tell you they are a quality part with a Lifetime Warranty.

If you are looking for a "known" name brand you can get Standard Motor Products wires from Rock Auto.

It also appears that the OE wires are still available from Mopar.
Mopar Part #4637155
What I do not know is whether the Mopar set comes with the coil wire.
The parts catalog shows "cable set" and only shows four wires with the coil wire listed separately
You may want to contact your local dealer if you are interested in the Mopar wires.

I have been using Accel ignition wires on my 90, they have been on the car for over 15 years now, unfortunately they do not make them for a 91, the plug wires are the same as 90, the coil wire is different from 90 to 91.

What ever wires you use I recommend using convoluted tubing to protect the wires from underhood contaminates.
Engine Compartment Front-2014.JPG

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why are you looking to upgrade?
Is the car stock?

If you are only looking for a quality set of OE replacement ignition wires I would recommend "Duralast Gold" from Autozone.
I was a commercial sales manager for Autozone for 6 years so I can tell you they are a quality part with a Lifetime Warranty.

If you are looking for a "known" name brand you can get Standard Motor Products wires from Rock Auto.

It also appears that the OE wires are still available from Mopar.
Mopar Part #4637155
What I do not know is whether the Mopar set comes with the coil wire.
The parts catalog shows "cable set" and only shows four wires with the coil wire listed separately
You may want to contact your local dealer if you are interested in the Mopar wires.

I have been using Accel ignition wires on my 90, they have been on the car for over 15 years now, unfortunately they do not make them for a 91, the plug wires are the same as 90, the coil wire is different from 90 to 91.

What ever wires you use I recommend using convoluted tubing to protect the wires from underhood contaminates.
View attachment 270050
Thank you for all your help. Have a good one, Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts