Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1991 Dodge Shadow ES 2.5L Turbocharged (vin J) that has a cracked head, and a cracked block. I took the motor apart, and in the process a lot of the plastic vacuum lines snapped. Now i am in the process of installing another full motor into it, but now i am in some trouble, I cant seem to find any companies on the net that carry the vacuum lines. What I mean by the vacuum lines is all those individual lines that run from passenger side to the drivers side connecting to all the various parts on the engine. I need at least the whole harness or at least some of the plastic tubes to replace the ones that broke.

My question is, When you guys go about replacing the engine and one or maybe two of those lines snap, do you repair them with rubber, or do you know of a company that supplies them. My dad says I can use rubber hoses in their place but i really think it wont work because there has to be a structure problem with rubber versus plastic.

The only other option I have is going to a junkyard, but around where I live they are no longer u-pull it places. I am afraid that I will run into the problem of them taking the whole harness off and then they break the plastic tubes, and with my luck they will break all of the hoses in every shadow they just might have resulting in no plastic tubes for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and there is no hurry on an answer, I have plenty of time to get the car back on the road, I've just ran into a road block and don't know what to do now.

Kevin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why not eliminate the charcoal canister? I'm assuming some of it's line is what you have broken along with possibly some of the MAP lines. I would buy a Vacuum block and use it as this is what I have done with my Shadow 2.5 (bought an 8 port block and simplified my whole vacuum system). Do a search for vacuum blocks as there are several diagrams on the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts