Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got a question, I know anything is possible but is there a way to use a 91 interior mainly the speedo,tac,gas,oil,batt,headlights,wipers in a 85 ? I have a 91 dash i like the style of it more than the 85.Im not sure if there is a way to use the old gauges in the newer dash.I know they changed stuff inbetween them years.I just figured i would throw it out there and see if anyone had any idea`s .I have found a artical on someone doing it .

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/showthread.php?32240-Daytona-Thread-Post-Pics&p=414139#post414139

·
Administrator
3,969 Posts
Ok got a question, I know anything is possible but is there a way to use a 91 interior mainly the speedo,tac,gas,oil,batt,headlights,wipers in a 85 ? I have a 91 dash i like the style of it more than the 85.Im not sure if there is a way to use the old gauges in the newer dash.I know they changed stuff inbetween them years.I just figured i would throw it out there and see if anyone had any idea`s .I have found a artical on someone doing it .

Daytona Thread-Post Pics - Page 5
Yes it can be done, the fastening points are unchanged, but you will need a complete donor (90-up) car for sure. Regarding electrical, the best bet is upgrading to the SBEC wiring harness, this includes the dash harness and engine harness. SBEC is a better system than the old Logic Module/Power Module system to boot.

The reason being, is that the 90-up clusters communicate with a BCM and use a data-bus interface, where pre-90 used simple voltage on wire. It may be possible to only swap the dash harness and BCM, and custom wire to the BCM but I have not investigated it.

Either way it's a decent bit of work and not a direct plug and play swap by any means, but it is possible!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a 91 harness but the mice ate alot of it and it`s from a Na automatic car and mine is a turbo 5 speed.

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
to try to do this is ... not the easiest plan

to try to do this with bits and pieces from here or there and do it to an 85 IS a really BAD idea..

IF you found a rusty/wrecked parts car .. complete and running then it wouldn't be as much of a challenge

but start with something as a whole and TRANSFER it COMPLETELY as a whole

then you have reasonable expectation of success

·
Super Moderator
11,684 Posts
and .. don't forget

the outer door window trim & mirrors... you're gonna need 'em too

the 90 ^ door panels come up higher at the bottom of the windows - thus the glass "looks" shorter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts