Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a digital dad from a '91 Chrysler New Yorker can be used in a 1991 Chrysler LeBaron Landau Sedan? They look identical but I don't know enough. The dash on my LeBaron went out and I found one finally in Canada but I'd like a backup or two and I see lots of the New Yorker digital dash boards for sale. Thanks!

·
Administrator
24,120 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

I looked through the Chrysler Parts Catalog and do not even see any digital clusters listed.
Are there any part numbers on your clusters?

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
The part numbers are different. Y body - 4437 096. A body - 5268 016. Not sure why. I was also under the impression that they were interchangeable.

NAJ, those numbers were in the '91 parts catalog. They were listed at the top of the instrument panel sections without a picture. Just did a search for "cluster, electronic".

·
Administrator
24,120 Posts
And the only wiring I have is for a 91 AJ Body which has a different part #...

What are the differences???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 5268016 part number IS the correct one for the LeBaron electronic (digital) instrument cluster so I would assume the part number of the one for the New Yorker is also correct. Now we just need to see if anyone can verify that the New Yorker cluster can be used in the LeBaron.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
If the shape is the same and the wiring is the same, I'd say they can be interchanged. It might be something as simple as a minor change to a bolt hole or a mid-year update or a plastic housing supplier swap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts