Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 91 r/t that wont start useing my scanner its showing while cranking the cam sensor working then not working back and forth mostly working tho i change coil and cam sensor from a car that runs still no luck i use the scanner to make the asd relay but that dosent mean that it works while cranking but worked with the scanner what you guys think

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Check your fuel pressure. Does the fuel pump buzz when you first turn on the key? Are you sure there's fuel in the tank?

A compression check may also be in order.

Make sure you have the plug wires routed properly.

GKC

·
Banned
3 Posts
its kinda confusing what your asking. if you have no spark and your fuel pump isnt kicking on, that should be a bad asd relay.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
what is the scanner showing for crank sensor?

And like already asked did you change anything before it stopped starting?

My scanner will show no until you start to crank it then switches to yes and then it will turn on the ASD. If yours is switching back and forth it could be your problem.
Tim

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just bought the car didnt run when we got it plugs are wet from fuel the crank sensor shows yes while cranking so does the cam sensor but the cam sensor switches from yes to no while cranking

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
they both need to stay yes for the ASD to turn on and stay on. If you have a known good sensor in there and cam timing is correct it might be time to check the harness.
Tim

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Administrator
25,735 Posts
Obviously it is not an ASD relay problem if the plugs are fuel fouled.If the ASD was faulty you would not have power to the injectors.
I have Chrysler T-3 Diagnostics, are there any fault codes set?
Be aware that the vehicle will have no chance of starting with fuel fouled plugs and be sure the oil is not fuel diluted or you will wash down the cylinder walls.
I would recommended that until the problem is isolated you clean the plugs,change the oil if necassary and disconnect the fuel pump as not to keep flooding the engine.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
timeing was off lined the cams up and the crank was way off put pins in cams re did the timeing fired right up lol runs better than my 92 with big sc61 turbo but its wore out. only paid 1800 for it guy couldnt get it to run but now it runs good

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
good to know cam timing can throw off the cam sensor reading. I guess now the scanner reads yes all the time once it switches?
Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts