Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've found a 91 shadow 2.5 turbo manual trans car cheap looking to use it for a donor car for a project. can anyone tell me what size brakes this car has? does it have the big 11.25 brakes in front?What would be out back?
I have no idea on the condition of the engine,i'm told it doesn't run but its a 2.5 turbo so im planning on pulling the engine , trans, shifter, cables, and the computers. What transmission do you think this car would have?

·
Administrator
24,280 Posts
The 11" brakes used vented rotors front and rear and only 4 wheel disc vehicles received 11" brakes, from the Chrysler Parts Catalog P Body cars were front disc/rear drum with 10.25 front brakes.

Also according to the Chrysler Parts Catalog 91 P Body 2.5L Turbo came equipped with an A523 Manual Trans.

CHRYSLER PARTS CATALOG

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for all that good information cant imagine why the 2.5 turbo stick didn't get rear discs, oh well

·
Administrator
24,280 Posts
Shadow/Sundance were not considered a "sports car" as is/ was Daytona and a couple of other upgraded vehicles.
Daytona used upgraded brake and steering systems so it could compete on the market as a sports car which means it was designed to compete on a road course where a better braking system, steering system, heavy duty trans, larger wheels, lower profile tires and increases in HP and Torque would be needed.
You can see the history and evolution of all Chrysler vehicles at Allpar.com.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Pretty easy to see if it has rear disks or not. just need to look (lol).
BTW- I pulled out rear solid disks off a 88 or 89 P-body at the salvage yard last year. They must have been available at some point. It was a stick 2.5 NA car! Also had the yellow tag per-portioning valve in it.
I've owned 3 89-90 ES turbo Shadows and all three were disk/drum. That was the norm besides the Shelby #'ed cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty easy to see if it has rear disks or not. just need to look (lol).
BTW- I pulled out rear solid disks off a 88 or 89 P-body at the salvage yard last year. They must have been available at some point. It was a stick 2.5 NA car! Also had the yellow tag per-portioning valve in it.
I've owned 3 89-90 ES turbo Shadows and all three were disk/drum. That was the norm besides the Shelby #'ed cars.
Well here’s the thing, if I was able to “just look” I’d already know and not be wasting time on this post
Thanks for the info though. I still think I’m gonna grab it for the drivetrain even though at this point I’m more looking for a brake upgrade

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Well here’s the thing, if I was able to “just look” I’d already know and not be wasting time on this post
Thanks for the info though. I still think I’m gonna grab it for the drivetrain even though at this point I’m more looking for a brake upgrade
You didn't say you didn't have access to the car to check it out, so don't know if your a TD newbie, or a TD savant. I was just stating the obvious in case you were a newbie and didn't know the difference between disk and drum brakes. Sorry if this insulted you, it wasn't my intention.
It would be a good buy if you can pick it up cheap. I'm sure it has plenty of parts to use or sell/barter with for your project.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts