Turbo Dodge Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive a 93 shadow 3L 5 speed and i have a 92 shadow 3L 5 speed at home for parts can i get the motor and trans rebuilt out of the 92 and put it in the 93? will i run into any problems and when i get them rebuilt is there anything i should upgrade? I'm upgrading the TB with a possible cold air kit and basic tune up. is there anything else i should do?

thanks Phil

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Phil,

Same motor. All you will need to worry about is using the proper injectors and harness.

Upgrades are a matter of what the intended purpose of the motor will be for. If you're planning forced induction (high boost from super/turbo or a massive nitrous shot), I'd upgrade the pistons, rods, rings, and head gasket. Porting the heads, intake manifolds/runners, and exhaust manifolds will gain you a good bit of power as well. If you are just wanting a stock setup, then there's no need for any upgrades. Seriously, why should you upgrade anything in the motor? We don't know what you want from it from your initial post.

Oh yea, and by the way.....

Search the forums. There's plenty of "basic mods" listed within these pages of threads.

Pick a direction and just go!!!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
As long as both engines are SBEC II the engine should swap right in with no problems.

What kind of rebuild? if it's out replace the crankshaft/camshaft seals, oil pump, waterpump, timing belt. are you doing bearings or rings? You can pretty much get a gasket set on ebay for pretty cheap (I don't know how reliable it is so might want to ask the others)

The most common thing people screw up is the timing, so if the car doesn't start, first check all connections then start looking at the timing belt or distributer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.