Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to replace injector rail after getting it back together and driving for about a week code 27 came up it wasn't there before the repair work was done. I did read about it what the problem is but if the injector or injectors are not working properly why is it I am getting 20 to 21 mile a gallon n start up is fine 2nd question is code 27 a hard code meaning only the dealer can remove it I did the negative battery discount but it go off ////

·
Administrator
24,463 Posts
Welcome To TD!!!

What engine is in this Dynasty?

In my 40 years of being a tech almost everytime a problem arises after a repair was performed the problem is related to something that happened during that repair.

All codes can be cleared with a battery disconnect.

If the CEL is on all of the time or comes back on and stays on after clearing the codes then you have a "hard fault" meaning that the problem is present and happening at this time.
The only way you will get the CEL to turn off is to correct the problem.

Code 27 is "Injector Driver Circuit Two Shorted Or Open.
First look for anything obvious such as an injector connector that is not completely plugged onto the injector, corrosion on any injector connectors, broken wires at the injector connectors.
If there is nothing obvious the easiest way to determine which injector circuits are involved is to use a Noid Light.
The Noid Light plugs into the injector connector and you start the car.
The light should flash on/off repeatedly as the injector is pulsed, if it does then that circuit is fine.
The problem circuit will be the one(s) that either light and do not flash or do not light at all.
Once you determine which injector circuits are involved you can then use an ohmmeter to determine if the power or ground side is open or shorted.

You can rent a Noid Light Set at Autozone.

If you have any questions/concerns or need/want more info Please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome To TD!!!

What engine is in this Dynasty?

In my 40 years of being a tech almost everytime a problem arises after a repair was performed the problem is related to something that happened during that repair.

All codes can be cleared with a battery disconnect.

If the CEL is on all of the time or comes back on and stays on after clearing the codes then you have a "hard fault" meaning that the problem is present and happening at this time.
The only way you will get the CEL to turn off is to correct the problem.

Code 27 is "Injector Driver Circuit Two Shorted Or Open.
First look for anything obvious such as an injector connector that is not completely plugged onto the injector, corrosion on any injector connectors, broken wires at the injector connectors.
If there is nothing obvious the easiest way to determine which injector circuits are involved is to use a Noid Light.
The Noid Light plugs into the injector connector and you start the car.
The light should flash on/off repeatedly as the injector is pulsed, if it does then that circuit is fine.
The problem circuit will be the one(s) that either light and do not flash or do not light at all.
Once you determine which injector circuits are involved you can then use an ohmmeter to determine if the power or ground side is open or shorted.

You can rent a Noid Light Set at Autozone.

If you have any questions/concerns or need/want more info Please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry about that it's a 3.3 liter all the wiring n plugs to the injectors on the front side looks good can't really see the back three really well knowing my luck when I put the intake back on I pinch a wire none of the wires looked broke before i did the work or after I put it backed together but that doesn't mean one was /// so with this code it doesn't mean the problem is the number 1 injector it could be any of the injectors causing this problem ///

·
Administrator
24,463 Posts
Code 27 is/should be Injector Control Circuit 2 which is usually injectors 4/5/6 or 2/4/6 on a V-6 engine depending on the vehicle setup, this should be the front bank for the 3.3L.

Again, I would suggest you get a set of Noid Lights so you can narrow down which cylinder(s) are causing the problem and go from there.

·
Administrator
24,463 Posts
Just wanted to add some info...
The 3.3L is Sequential Fuel Injection meaning it pulses one injector at a time according to the engine firing order.
Just like the 3.0L engine that means that Code 27 could be any of the 6 injector circuits, only a scanner will give you the exact code description and cylinder(s) involved.
You can use Noid Lights or Logic Probe to identify the problem cylinders as I suggested or if you have access to an OBD1 scanner such as an OTC Monitor 2000/4000E, Snap-On MT 2500 or the Chrysler DRB2 you can see the exact code description.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts