Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My 92 T1 dytona cut out & died suddenly so I have been diagnosing the problem by reading the posts here but still no luck. I put the spark plugs, wires, rotor, cap and ign coil from the 92 T1 to my 88 TII and those all checked out OK (i.e., shelby Z runs fine with that hardware) so it should be good. I even bought new ign coil in a zeal but no luck. If I remove the battery power for a moment, reconnect and key/on, the ASD primes the fuel pump for 1 sec but after cranking three times ASD shuts off. I do not see/hear the 1 sec pump prime after that until I reset the power. Swapped relays around, still no luck. The same happens if I unplug the fuel pump. The HEP and coil control circuits seem fine since the test light on + coil lights up with cranking and - coil flashes during crank. Why is ASD shutting down? Short somewhere? SBEC dead? Please help. 84-89 wiring diagrams are a little vague when using them for 92. Thanks, sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pick-up coil in the distributor, you mean the HEP sensor, swapped that one too with my 88 TII daytona, both run in that car, neither work in my 92 daytona. I'm thinking something is wrong with the ASD circuit since it shuts down after three cranks but need help with next steps. Thanks for all the suggestions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No codes are set when the ASD relay cuts out after the third crank. reading the spark plugs (and the timing gun) looks like cyl #1 fires sporadically, plug is black but dry and cyl#2, 3 and 4 are off, plugs are dripping wet. No codes at all (except 12 after reconnecting the battery and 55). I'm stumped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts