Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No seriously... Trying to do something cool and different!

NO ASSHOLE REPLYS PLEASE!
NO ASSHOLE REPLYS PLEASE!

Ok so my friend owns an 87 CS 2.2 TI automatic. He also owns a 92 2.5 N/A automatic. The CS is in bad shape... Yes, it sucks. The 92 is basically mint. The problem is that's NOT TURBO! So while the CS rotts some more, we'd like to put the 87 TI motor into the 92 shell. Now i'm pretty sure the bulkheads are different, along with other wiring, sensors and computer. We've basically came up with 3 options...

1. Can't be done

2. Do a complete re-pin of all harness's, sensors and basically the whole car wire by wire.

3.Remove engine, all underhood wiring, computer, dash, all incar wiring and transplant everything into the 92.

Thanks for the time,

Chris

· RIP
1,361 Posts
You are close with #3 :

1. find a 92 T1 SBEC-II & wiring harness (including the injector harness).
2. Transplant the 87 T1
No dash changes needed. But, You could change the dash cluster to a 92 T1 if you wanted the factor Turbo Gauge in the dash. I would probably also change the intake to 2 piece intake and the 02 sensor will have to be changed to a 4 wire.

Finding the SBEC-II and the harness will be the difficult part. Once you have them, it should be a fairly easy swap.

· Registered
60 Posts
what about a 91 SBEC computer and harness as they are very similar to the 92 electronics??!! i know it will be almost impossible to find a 92 turbo comp and harness !! but a 91 isnt so hard to find, so that is the ?? would a 91 SBEC comp and harness work??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.