Turbo Dodge Forums banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Yup, literally snapped in 2 for no apparent reason. Destroyed the combustion chamber in that cylinder, as well as the piston of course. Nothing else failed, comp spring was still good, Ti retainer still good, the hardened keepers still good. Valve just lost its head after about a year of everyday driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have done pretty much the same thing! Converted my 1990 Plymouth Sundance with a 2.5 TBI/Manual to MFI, using Turbo intake and injectors, and a 1993 A body FFV computer and Methanol sensor, this project was done 2003-2006. In 2011, I found a FFV Spirit at a salvage yard 2+ hours from me and drove there to grab everything including plastic tank and stainless lines. (was 2 different trips)
I converted a 1993 Lebaron A body sedan from 3.0 to 2.5 FFV. This car was For my dad. He enjoyed that car for his paper delivery, and even said the MPG on E-85 wasn't as much lower as many people claimed. BTW I do NOT remove the balance shafts on my engines because I like the smoothness from them! The power they consume is very minimal.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts