Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.2 N/A

Ok, the best way I can describe this is that the 1-2 shift occurs correctly but the 2-3 shift doesn't happen unless you shift to Neutral then back to Drive. Then it downshifts back to 2nd. Here's where it gets weird...when I manually shift to 1 the gas pedal gets very tight, when you shift to 2 it gets less tight and even less when in Drive.

Its a very strange phenomenon.

Is this some weird TV cable spring issue?

· Registered
590 Posts
get a can of PB Blaster or WD40 and SOAK the area where the shifter shaft & TV cable shaft enter the trans

repeat

the 2 shafts (one inside the other?) tend to get gummed up and sticky ...
+1 on this - happened to me on my spirit.

Sprayed and worked it for about 10 minutes - go to much enjoyment and then took a drive - almost like new.

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
get a can of PB Blaster or WD40 and SOAK the area where the shifter shaft & TV cable shaft enter the trans

repeat

the 2 shafts (one inside the other?) tend to get gummed up and sticky ...
Thanks! I soaked it in PB Blaster and its better than it was 100% but still feels like that when I manually shift to 1 the gas pedals gets tons harder to push down, then in 2nd its free for about 2" then tons harder from there, in D its loose about 3" then difficult to push. I don't know if that explanation helps but I'm going to try to see if I can get some PB blaster into the TV cable somehow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.