Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can this be done fairly easily?
I found a donor car and need some help so I know I'm not taking on a project I can't handle.

hope I get some helpful info!

thanks

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You mean just the turbo alone, shouldn't be a big deal. You'll need either a news set of stainless braided coolant & oil lines, or a factory set for T2, or custom made. And you'll have to drill and tap the compressor housing for nipple fittings like the ones that are on the Mitsubishi turbo. The larger one is 1/8 NPT and the smaller one 1/16 NPT - or you need some other way of controlling boost. '87 T2 exhaust was 2¼" exhaust on the '92 is 2½", so you'll also need a garret 2½ wastgate.

Other than that I think you're good.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean just the turbo alone, shouldn't be a big deal. You'll need either a news set of stainless braided coolant & oil lines, or a factory set for T2, or custom made. And you'll have to drill and tap the compressor housing for nipple fittings like the ones that are on the Mitsubishi turbo. The larger one is 1/8 NPT and the smaller one 1/16 NPT - or you need some other way of controlling boost. '87 T2 exhaust was 2¼" exhaust on the '92 is 2½", so you'll also need a garret 2½ wastgate.

Other than that I think you're good.
I have a grainger valve to control the boost right now, if thats what you are referring to.
I can get the oil lines off of the donor car hopefully.

so looks like the only thing I cant get off of the donor is the wastegate? thats not too bad

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to use the intercooler off of the car but looks like a major ordeal to make it work on mine

my car is a Shadow and the donor is a Shelby Daytona

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The mounting of the rad/int assy are different on an '87 vs a '92. Not sure, but I think the bottom mounts can work, for the top ones you could just fab up some brackets to fit the stock mounting location that hold the rad/int secure. IDK if the '87 assy is just plain old too big for Shadow or not, but I would give it a shot before abandoning the idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts