Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Administrator
26,356 Posts
If I am reading this correctly you have 4 separate issues or are you thinking they may be related?
You need to find someone with a scanner that can access the SRS module to retrieve the codes.
The overhead console is BCM controlled so again, a scanner is needed to access the BCM.
In some instances if there are certain codes stored the engine controller will not allow you to have A/C as a safety precaution, once again a scanner is required to view all engine data.
(DRBII or Snap On MT 2500 with the CCD Bus Connector Cable, I do not know if the OTC Monitor 4000E has the ability to communicate with the BCM or SRS module.)
Later today I will look at the wiring and see if I can get more info.

· Administrator
26,356 Posts
Rear Defogger...
Does the light on the rear defogger switch illuminate when you push it in (on)?

A/C Clutch Relay...
There are 4 wires, two power, one ground side control (from SBEC) and an output to the A/C compressor.
GY = Power from Fuse 52 in the PDC.
LT/GN = Power to A/C Clutch Relay from the Radiator Fan Relay
DB/OR = Ground Side Control from Cavity 34 of the SBEC.
DB/BK = Output to A/C Compressor
What if anything is missing?
You also need to check...
Does the system have enough refrigerant?
Are the Low Pressure Cutout Switch, High Pressure Cutout Switch and the Cycling Switch circuits functioning as they should?

Overhead Console...
What does the overhead console display or not display that is not correct?

Airbag...
Unfortunately without a scanner you will be out of luck, without knowing what Code(s) are stored in memory you are spitting in the wind.
The issue could be anything from a Fuse, Air Bag Module (on the steering wheel) any connector/wiring issue from the column to the SRS Module, or to the Front Crash Sensors.

· Administrator
26,356 Posts
I will be home tomorrow to look in my BCM Diagnostics Manual and look over the other issues.

Are there any TD members that live close by that may have a scanner and correct cables?

· Administrator
26,356 Posts
I posted diagnostics for all of these issues except the backup lamps which are simple.
With a manual trans the backup lamp switch is just on/off.
You should have power all the time, when in reverse the switch closes allowing power to the backup lamps.
Use a jumper wire and jump the two terminal connector for the backup lamp switch and turn the key on, the backup lamps should illuminate.
If they do replace the switch, if they do not, what is missing, power in, power out of the switch or power at the backup lamps?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts