Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 94' Shadow for $300 this weekend. 2.5l TBI a523. It's badly rusted and had no gas tank. Gas tank is in and it seems to run ok. Now It's on to the main problem. The spring perch on the pass side is very badly rusted and the coil spring is missing. The PO had a 1x8 piece of wood in there so the bump stop had something to rest on:eek:. I plan to get a rear axle from the JY to fix this as it is too far gone to weld something together and make it usable. Before I go and end up with something I can't use I thought I'd post on here and see what you guys have to say. Will the rear axle from any other car work(in case I can't find a good shadow axle)? I remember reading that most of these cars have interchangeable rear axles(with minor differences) but this is a 94' and I know Chrysler changed some things in the later cars and I want to be sure. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cheezit! I'll be heading to the junkyard sometime this week. Too afraid to drive it the way it is even though the PO apparently was before his failed attempt to replace the gas tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts