Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2.5CB in my glh right now at the moment, s70 turbo, NPR intercooler. 88/89 electronics.

i might be able to get a whole neon 2.4 motor CHEAP. id like to find another 2.5CB and build up one of these hybrids on the side. im starting to not like the idea of these other street cars running half the boost i am and doing a pretty good job against me. nothing against the 8 valve head, just a little old school.

questions-

can i still use all my 88/89 electronics on the car?

i realize i will need new intake/exhaust manifolds, and ill go with a different turbo.

what about my fuel system? what will i need to change about it? (+40's, 255lph, afpr)

basically how much of a swap will this be for me besides a new head, intake, exhaust, and turbo?

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I think the T3 head will bolt up. I know the head gaskets are differnt so you may have to do your own research there. Other then that you can use the stock SMEC and distubtuer set up as long as you have custom ignition cables.

It's been done a few times. i cant rember the sites off hand. Ask in the T3 section of the forum

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok ive aquired a few more parts-
got a pt cruiser turbo intake manifold, going to make a custom intake manifold.
got another common block and 2.2 forged crank on the way.

any body put a srt4 head on the common block? ive seen tons of the oval exhaust ports, but not the srt4 head. it looks as though a cooling passage is different.

and the thermostat housing isnt on my intake manifold like ive seen others, is the PT cruser a seperate unit.

thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
t3 block is special it has no dist hole. runs a coil pack.

also runs balance shafts. and the crank is special also. it has a crank trigger setup on it. if u didnt run standalone electronics youd need a t3 computer . from my years of td... the best year for a t3 sbec is 92. prolly may as well get a the t3 wiring harness while u at it.. and ..well.. theres prllly more im forgetting. has its own intake exhaust manifold and turbo.

and yes a hybrid here is considered usually a dohc neon head on one of out td bottom ends.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, im not talking about a T3, im talking about a 2003+ neon srt4 head on an 89 common block, the common block has a distributer hole.
why the talk about the T3?

·
Mr. Moderator
8,917 Posts
the 2.0 first gen neon heads bolt right up with minimal work to our cb's because chrysler did not want to retool. As for the2.4 srt4 head I am not sure how that would work.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
same thing just the manifold bolt patterns are a little different and there is one oil hole that is different, but your using external oiling anyway. Also the srt-4 head has smaller valves but flows slightly better then the neon head

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i just got the head cause it was free. thats the only reason, and i read it does flow a little better, i will polish the runners and get a valve job, and im going to try and find some 2.0 cams. i noticed it doesnt have a thermostat housing on the pt cruiser manifold, and one of the oiling holes is a little different. i was wondering if anyone has a writeup for the SRT4 head on a common block, or am i going to be the first one?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts