Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday after installing my new 3 inch swingvalve I went out for a quick spin. Set the timing to 13', Turned on my 50 shot and hit some long roads.
Played for a while. Moved the timing around. Went down to 10' trying to get more bottom end. Moved it back up to 13'. I have a daws device. This reads in the blue wich is rich.. Well I missed a shift into 4th gear. At that point my exhaust tone dramaticly changed. Sounds like a wrx now..I first thought hey a pipe came loose. That was not the case, plus all i have is a 3inch exhaust with a bullet flowmaster at the end. So heres the shot in the dark. I have yet to run a compression test. I did pull all the plugs and found cyl#3 to have oil on the plug. You guys think I burnt a valve, hung a valve, bent a valve?? This I think is what is causing a strange exhaust tone. Almost like the valves are always open. Let me know what you think... worst part is that I have about 9 miles on this head.:bash:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just did a compression check. 157,157,30,160... Houston we have a problem.........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts