Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im looking into switching my 3speed to the 5 speed. what parts will be needed? what tranny should I go with? (86 laser 2.2l) And about how much do you think it will run me in total? Also what are the major advantiges of having the 5 speed, I know it will launch better and get better fuel economy but what else?
Thx

·
Registered
271 Posts
I did the same swap in my shadow in the summer and it took me about 8 hours from start to finish. but ive been arround a few of these swaps it starts to get easy after a few. i used to have parts numbers for the pedal assy. and the longer pin that the clutch pedal needs to be mounted on. so ill see if i can find it. here is the list + or - an item or two.

trans, cables for which ever trans you choose, shifter for the trans you choose, pedal assembly, clutch cable, flywheel, clutch, ect. I have a few 5 speed tranys available if you are interested i will give you a deal, im trying to clean out. wish i would have known sooner i have everything for about 3 of these swaps but i just sold a ton of parts to FWD Performance.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.