Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally drove my 86 Turbo Z for the first time today. It has been many hours and way too much money but it finally lives! Had to remount the engine, new timing chain, fuel pump, battery, O2 sensor, calipers, rotors, brake lines, fuel lines, fuel filter, and 3 cv shafts later I finally took it for a spin around my colleges parking lot. New Turbo and clutch soon to come and this baby will be road ready.

·
*_QUEEN WRENCHER_*
296 Posts
Yayyy! Isn't it wonderful to feel like a kid in a candy store with your toy!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
absolutely amazing! haha I have been putting off working on it for a long time and finally got the motivation to finish it. Had to rivet some panels back on the body tonight and the windshield and moldings will be put on this weekend. I will definitely have pics up soon. Dont expect a showroom floor car. it is far from that but hopefully it will get there soon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could definitely use a hand... or ten haha. Let me know what you had in mind.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds great to me. Im done with school tuesday and off work till the following monday. or possibly even meet this weekend. whatever works.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As promised I got some pictures of it today. And like I said, it ain't a show car but it is getting there. Got the panels riveted and the body moldings taped on today. The hood is off of a laser I found in the junkyard and I haven't been able to align it quite right so it will latch all the way down yet. I also took her down the road today and found that all 5 gears are working properly with no grinding at all!

·
Administrator
10,179 Posts
Ill have to talk with the other guy whos local, he may get to come out if he is not busy, he is in the process of restoring an 86 daytona too lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
perfect. let me know. my number is 260-417-1002 if you wanna shoot me a text whenever you find out. anytime til this coming monday i am free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts