1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
3,456 Posts
Sticky Done!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
thanks Carl! I remember chatting with ya at e-town about that subject at little. Don't know exactly when i'll be going auto but that'll help anyway. I've got an 89 413 from a t2 w/converter i bought like 8 years ago or something? someday i'll get to it..lol

·
Registered
308 Posts
I heard if you pull out your front band accumulator valve and fill it with spacers (washers) so it can't move it will also shift harder.:hat:

·
Registered
308 Posts
I guess maybe I explained it wrong not in the valve body but in the thing that moves the lever that tightens the band on the drum you take that aprt and stop it from moving if this is what you are talking about than cool but if you could show me wear Carls mods are I can see thanks

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
cjmr34 said:
I guess maybe I explained it wrong not in the valve body but in the thing that moves the lever that tightens the band on the drum you take that aprt and stop it from moving if this is what you are talking about than cool but if you could show me wear Carls mods are I can see thanks

About halfway down the page, it starts off with "Homemade shift improvements"

·
Registered
308 Posts
It's not on that page . But thats okay it works that thing is the valve body and accumulator holes this is the things that actually moves the lever that clamps the band it is held in by a C clip you remove the clip and the unit pops out a spring pushes it then you pull it apart and put spacers init so it doesn't move this will help 2-3 shifts better than just drilling the holes in the valvebody controller

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
cjmr34 said:
It's not on that page . But thats okay it works that thing is the valve body and accumulator holes this is the things that actually moves the lever that clamps the band it is held in by a C clip you remove the clip and the unit pops out a spring pushes it then you pull it apart and put spacers init so it doesn't move this will help 2-3 shifts better than just drilling the holes in the valvebody controller
Ok, I know what your talking about now, yes, its not on that page, I thought you were talking about the 1-2 accumulator. Yeah, the Superior kit has 2 spacers that you install to stop the 2 stage cushioning effect.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yah Sorry for the mix up I guess I just have trouble explaining by the way 14.1 very impressive I've got a 89 voyager that runs 15.7 withan intercooler bigger than a powerstroke but still the original turbo at 20psi .

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
cjmr34 said:
Yah Sorry for the mix up I guess I just have trouble explaining by the way 14.1 very impressive I've got a 89 voyager that runs 15.7 withan intercooler bigger than a powerstroke but still the original turbo at 20psi .
Thanks, took alot of playing around, now aiming for 12's on my new setup, :thumb:

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
does anyone have a part number for 1.22 transfer gears? i would like to get those and don't want to go to the boneyard and rip apart trannys for them.
besides doing that would probibly be frowned upon anyway.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
kedavis said:
I found his user name its (anthony a) on the neons org. I talked with him about 2 months ago he had like 20 sets.I found a set of the mopar performance 1.22's so I never got back with him I would just pm him and see if he still has them.
Don't have part number but, this may help

1 - 20 of 58 Posts