1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,468 Posts
AMSoil MTX gear fluid 75w-90 FTW

· Registered
2,468 Posts
Neon trans fluid

mach 1 terry said:
I was talking to the engineer who designed the T-350 and T-850 and he recommends using Amsoil synthetic synchromesh manual transmission fluid. It's very similair to the original T-350 oil but is better because it is full synthetic. It also has the friction modifier that you have to add to ATF+4 in the T-850. The SRT guys can use this also and they don't have to add anything to it. I think it's $9 a quart from Amsoil.

He said the ATF+4 was only used to cut costs and says it's garbage compared to the original T-350 oil or this Amsoil stuff. I'm sure the royal purple synchromesh MTX fluid will work just as well and I know it has the friction modifier in already also.
This guy works at NVT. The Amsoil mtx fluid he is talking about is 75w90. I have a bottle in my trunk. Now neon trans parts do differ from the older mtx of the TD world, but it is certainly something to consider.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.