Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
7,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a custom bracket to install an A555 in my 87 GLHS Charger. To keep the rod shifter the morph of the OEM 525 dog bone bracket and the 555 bobble strut bracket yielded a hybrid bracket that bolts right up to the A555 and allows me to use the dog bone and OEM shift rods w/or wo/the hiem joint upgrades.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more pics of the custom A555 A525 rod shifted bracket.

In brief, you take a 525 L-body shift bracket of the back of the 525 tranny and you shave a little off here and there and weld it to a 555 bobble strut bracket that has been cut down as shown in the pics.

The smaller bracket is just steel angle plate with the standard pin that has been turned down then welded.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still more pics of the custom A555 A525 rod shifted bracket.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last pics of the custom A555 A525 rod shifted bracket.

The really small bracket pictured in the first pic was initially used as a shift rod blocker prior to the hiem upgrade. After the upgrade it was no longer needed. Prior to the hiem upgrade, the small bracket was needed to keep the shift rod from riding under the larger bracket pictured. If you look closely after assembly, the small bracket is not present and the hiems are mounted.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No template available, regrets. But you can pm me for more details if you like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts