Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around a bit and can't find a topic to match this, although there is a reverse topic about putting an A555/A568 into a Neon SRT. With the A555 and A568 getting rare, is there a modern transmission that would make a suitable replacement for a 225HP-ish modified G-Body Daytona or Laser? I'm not too familiar with the newer transaxles, if someone can rank them performance/durability wise where the fall in the A525(Junk)->A520/A523->A555/A568 spectrum that would be cool. I'm not adverse to putting modern guts into the stock case(A520 or better) if the bolt pattern/starter/mounting is the issue. I'd like to believe that one of the modern SRT transaxles are made for decent HP, I'm just looking for practical alternatives that can be found in modern junkyards nowadays. I'm also working on an idea to replace cable shifting with some sort of "hard linkage" but more sophisticated than the L-body type as it is not a straight path to the shifting shaft. If I could find strong and fast enough servos, it would be cool to make a computer controlled paddle shifted setup ;D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.