Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good call. I meant to reply earlier, but you have the right idea. I do a lot of A/C work on my old FWD Mopars, so can tell you modifying one of the better aftermarket units isn't that bad.

I've found the best bet is the "3344" condenser with all the holes in the side bracketry. The 3344 part number is used by a lot of vendors, so brand is up to you (probably all come out of the same factory in China anyway).

This picture is from an eBay search for "3344 condenser." You can see all the holes from top to bottom on each side. These allow you to adjust the side mounting brackets to match your car. I just put one of these in my kid's Sundance last Saturday. Had to make a few cuts and drill a few holes, but after that (and a quick splash of spray paint) it fit and worked just fine.

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I put an older minivan condenser in my Omni as they are narrower.

Allows the stock intercooler to "see" unblocked air.

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
84 Posts
I want to find a narrow / smaller condenser to fit under the FMIC in my car. It would be cool if they made a half size or smaller size. It's getting tight in there with intercooler pipes. Already replaced the factory fan with an autolight because the depth of the motor is about 1/2 the stocker. Also relocated the oil filter to a remote filter attachment and the whole setup comes up to within millimeters of the oil sender hex that sticks off the front of the motor. No more depth to play with so it would have to be smaller to fit in there. :/

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All good recomendations, thanks. One thing I've learned over the years with our TD's. You got to be creative!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts