Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...

I think I saw that there somewhere exists AC delete brakets for the 2.2/2.5 engine.

Who makes them? Where can I get one? I would love to ditch the AC on this thing... I'd never use it in the summer anyways... and it annoys me in the winter when I hit the defroster and the compressor kicks on.

Help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
The A/C delete bracket came on some of the cars. Some of them came from the factory without an A/C in them. I know you can find them every once in a while in eBay, but there is almost certainly somebody on this site that would have one. But you can also just remove the compressor and hoses from the car right now, and just keep the old bracket, it just won't look like it came stock from the factory like that. But I know that is how some people have done it on this site. I personally kinda got my for free since I bought a bunch of parts from a guy for cheap and that was one of the parts.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah... so you can just jerk the compressor and leave the braket... okay... cool... good to know. That bastard is coming off this weekend.

I'm not worried about looks right now... just functionality. If it gets the job done... it don't have to be pretty. This car is gonna be the Millenium Falcon anyways LOL.

"She may not look like much... but she's got it where it counts."

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
lol, yah, i can understand that part on the looks, I am getting the functionality of my car done, then when I have the time and money, it is going down to the bone and getting redone. Plus, just pulling the compressor, hoses, and condensor out, you have lightened the car up by quite a bit.

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Oh, and you may want to be careful and make sure you remove the hoses slowly, especially if the thing is still charged and works good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Solid advice there... the system is charged... perhaps I'd be better off poking a small hole in one of the hoses and letting the pressure bleed off?

·
Registered
768 Posts
It's not the pressure, it's the freon. If you bust the line and the freon shoots out on you, you will get almost instant frostbite. Use thick gloves and make sure to point it away from you. Once the pressure is gone, then you'll be ok.

Don't get caught doing it either, lol...it's illegal. You are suppose to have a shop do it for you and dispose of it properly.

·
Registered
238 Posts
i wouldnt poke a hole in it just unbolt it and gently pull the hose off so its pointing away from you....i guess its poisonous too so keep that in mind (animals etc)

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Yah, there should be 2 valves on the line, one is a charge and one is a bleed. I forgot which is which, but you can release it from there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If is R12, have it recovered, they will give you a pretty penny for R12 these days.

If its 134a, screw it, vent to atmosphere, lol. Our cars already do enough damage to the ozone layer, might as well do some more!!! Haha

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If is R12, have it recovered, they will give you a pretty penny for R12 these days.

If its 134a, screw it, vent to atmosphere, lol. Our cars already do enough damage to the ozone layer, might as well do some more!!! Haha

I'll check and see if it's R12 or not... I've got a reciept from when the previous owner had it recharged...

where might I have it "recovered" at?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks alot man. I picked my A/C delete bracket from my local pick a part place only cost me a couple of bucks. I searched a bunch of forums for ideas and came up with my own set-up I am pretty happ with how it turned out.

·
Banned
3 Posts
all i ever did was just crack the bolt loose that holds the lines with the block on it to the firewall and walk away and come back in a few min.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts