Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
91DSX said:
Anybody? Chris?
I just went over this with Frank K on the phone today. We are getting ready to release a pair of fittings for this regulator since many people are having difficulty in finding the correct ones.

For now, there are a few options which you may be able to do on your own with fittings obtained locally. One is install and tighten down a double male fitting with O-ring in the center port. With a magic marker mark the nut portion that interferes with the outer fitting. Remove the inner fitting and grind the portion of the nut which interferes with the outer fitting nut. Reinstall center fitting then outer fitting. This can be reversed by grinding the outer fitting nut instead if you prefer.

Another solution is to use one short male to male and one bulkhead male to male. Insert the long end of the bulkhead fitting into either port to avoid interference with the other nut on the short fitting.

We should have our new fittings up on the site in a few days. Call me and I can arrange getting them out to you before hand if they are required sooner.

Thanks,

Chris-TU

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris W said:
I just went over this with Frank K on the phone today. We are getting ready to release a pair of fittings for this regulator since many people are having difficulty in finding the correct ones.

For now, there are a few options which you may be able to do on your own with fittings obtained locally. One is install and tighten down a double male fitting with O-ring in the center port. With a magic marker mark the nut portion that interferes with the outer fitting. Remove the inner fitting and grind the portion of the nut which interferes with the outer fitting nut. Reinstall center fitting then outer fitting. This can be reversed by grinding the outer fitting nut instead if you prefer.

Another solution is to use one short male to male and one bulkhead male to male. Insert the long end of the bulkhead fitting into either port to avoid interference with the other nut on the short fitting.

We should have our new fittings up on the site in a few days. Call me and I can arrange getting them out to you before hand if they are required sooner.

Thanks,

Chris-TU
Thanks Chris, thats exactly what I needed to know!!! As always, you deliver the goods :thumb:

I'm going with the o-ring for the center port fitting idea, as I've bought all my fittings already, so no need to send me any, however the offer is greatly appreciated.
So in conclusion basically you need an o-ringed union flare and an extended bulkhead union flare?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marcus86GLHS said:
we were discussing this issue earlier this year:

http://www.turbododge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83105

glad to read TU is addressing this issue w/ an available correct fitting. i used a factory return line from an '89 TII engine:
Hehe, Marcus we are talking about the "Universal" Accufab regulator(blue one), however thats another great thread for those with stock rails ;)

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
91DSX said:
Hehe, Marcus we are talking about the "Universal" Accufab regulator(blue one), however thats another great thread for those with stock rails ;)

And this issue is also being addressed with the CORRECT fittings.

Stay Tuned!

Chris-TU

·
Banned
1,471 Posts
91DSX said:
Thanks Chris, thats exactly what I needed to know!!! As always, you deliver the goods :thumb:

I'm going with the o-ring for the center port fitting idea, as I've bought all my fittings already, so no need to send me any, however the offer is greatly appreciated.
So in conclusion basically you need an o-ringed union flare and an extended bulkhead union flare?
Roger,

Just to confirm with you, both inner and outer fittings require O-Rings. Don't hesitate to call and we can go over the options on the phone.

Chris-TU

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unclejemima said:
is there an accufab unit that does bolt right in? If so, why use the universal one? Is it cheaper?
-mark
The TU Billet fuel rail requires the use of a univ. Accufab regulator, if you have a stock rail you can use the black Accufab unit which is a bolt in.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: Big Problem With Regulator. . .

All fittings using Chris' advice do not leak at all! :thumb: BUT :bash: -->

Okay, my brand new Accufab regulator does not work. Basically the regulator gets fuel (from 255 Hi Press Walbro) into its center port however it stops there and even with the adjustment knob pulled out, ZERO fuel exits from the return and its shows ZERO on my brand new autometer FP gauge. I pulled it apart and verified that the return hole is not blocked and neither is the FP gauge port using compressed air, so this means the spring is not lifting from its seat. Direct FP from the fuel pump BURIED my test 100psi gauge, so the fuel is there, and more than enough to push some fuel into a bucket I put under the return port.

I give up, what now? New spring? Accufab states its never had this problem with the regulator doing this but will look at it, which will cost me storage time at my shop. . . :mad: I want to finally drive it home :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts