Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must have the one remaining good running holley 2bbl left in my 84, but ive been wanting to do the weber thing for some time. The information on this forum is excellent, no qualms about swapping one at all.

Ive been getting around 20 mpg in my 84 for the last couple years. The only real mods to it are that I had the head shaved about .030 when I did the head gasket, installed a 89 (?) roller cam - recommended to me by a good friend and long time 2.2 fanatic - and removed or disabled the majority of the factory smog control stuff, if any of it was even working I couldnt tell. For what it is, it runs quite well and has turned out to be very reliable and dependable, and has a fair amount of grunt.

My question is, since people here have done this swap to a variety of cars, what kinds of mileage are you getting? If I could end up with mid to high 20s I would be really pleased.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just put 1300 miles in 5 days on my 84 Rampage with 400#s of tools and equipment with non feedback Holley. Averaged 33 mpg at a real 75 mph. 3.05 Gear. Phil

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would expect that with a turbo and rolling along at that kinda speed with those gears, i would get about the same. unfortunately without the turbo i wont expect that. ive heard stories of people getting around 25-28 though.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I think that my omni will be getting around 35-40mpg with the weber with the Holley I only got 20-30. I don't have my weber on yet but from what I heard I will getting a hell of a lot more mpgs out of my omni with the weber.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Was chrysler dealer in 1981 and had 2.2 Horizon wife drive 30+ mpg. All these new cars even with FI will hardly get that because of increased weight and emissisions. Phil

·
Registered
353 Posts
Old Matchbox got exactly the same mpg at the same speeds when the Weber replaced the Holley. To get the car to perform at the track the same I also had to swap the Holley jets into the Weber. The EGTs at the finish line were the same also. The Holley that WAS on it was a non-feedback one from a 2.2 Rampage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts