Turbo Dodge Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What all would I have to do to add Turbo to a stock 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T with an Automatic tranny? :bang head Where can I order the parts from? Is this something a weekend mechanic can do? Thanks for any and all comments, especially the useful technical ones. :) Thanks!
[email protected]

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
ok go to Mitsubishi-Forums.com they will know more..

but from what i've done to these cars you cant use a auto unless you rebuild it with better parts. it simply will not hold up...and the engine will only hold about 5psi if it has any beat on miles....and do you plan on getting a 3000GT or stealth TT turbo set up off line?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Go to 3si.com All the answers to every question you have and will have is there. Look in the N/A to forced induction forum. You can use all stock parts off a TT. Auto trans do hold up to boost, some are actually holding the TT motors, A engine swap to a TT block, same as n.a except lower comp for turbo is a direct swap. TT ing a n.a. block is also a good choice, most hold 9 psi or so, more than that you will need to look into a meth system. At 9 psi your stealth will be a tractionless wonder. 2.5 60 foots but 100 + in the quater = 13 sec times. The auto trans can hold boost, wheel hop kills most of them, stay away from wheel hop, all most impossible in a fwd, and the stock auto can survive. People are all ways selling there stock turbo's and parts as they up grade. Look into the classifieds there also. Alot of good parts. My 3000 gt, same as your Stealth, was turbo'd w/ parts all bought from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I think I will check out the 3si.com site to see what I can find out. Thanks for all the good info. I will leave feedback on what I decided. I do think Auto trannys are stronger then most people think.
Melvin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey That website 3si.com isnt working, it is pulling up a software company. Do you have another or the correct address? Thanks.
Melvin

·
Registered
72 Posts
OPPS, 3si.org, my fault, it is totally devoted to the Stealth's and 3000 GT's. Some people are ass holes, but there are people on there that live and breath these cars. Every question is right there. Good luck, and I am sure I can help you also as to any question you may have. My 92 is a TT'd swap. And I've done more than 1 conversion.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Well, for starters I would lower the compression and I believe this can be done by simply swapping on TT heads. The rest would be fine depending on how much power you want to run.

I'm sure if you ask in the New Owner section over at 3Si you won't get flamed as it's not allowed. You might get a few people telling you not to bother and just get a TT, just ignore them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts