Turbo Dodge Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey. I just got my tranny installed and everything back on. I started the car and it wouldnt go in any gear; I looked at the left front tire and it was rotating when I tried getting it in gear but would not turn in neutral. I didnt mess with the shift cables while the tranny was out except for removing them from the shift selector shaft. I'm trying to adjust the shifter cables now and got stuck. It says in the fwd 2.2/2.5 and haynes manuals to remove the shift cables from the selector shaft and see if the shifter will move through all gears smoothly and then remove lock pin on top of the transmission and flip it upside down and screw it in after pushing the selector shaft in to lock it in neutral but then it says to adjust the cables with these 5" long 3/16" pins. Am I suppose to reconnect the cables to the selector shaft before adjusting from inside the car; it doesnt say and I don't want to make it worse than it is.

Also, just the shifter is from a Daytona and I noticed in the books they have a slightly different way of adjusting the G-body shifters. The shifter and its base look mostly the same as my CSX-T shifter I originally had. The cables and tranny are original. So, should I just adjust the shifter the same as the stock shifter? The manual shows a little adjuster screw (for G-body) w/ plastic thing that goes on the side of the base that I don't have. Please help me, as this is all I should need before being able to drive the car again! :thumb:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts